.8.

*2 years later*

A lot has happened in two years

A lot has happened in two years. Yoongi did a lot for people in Africa. He met some great people, becoming close to a girl named Kiana and a guy named Todd.

They helped him become a lot more social. The program was actually really good for Yoongi. During the time he was in Africa, he didn't always have the time or chance to call or message Jimin. Things were going well at first but over time they started to become distant.

Yoongi would always try though.
Jimin on the other hand, didn't.

He would reply to Yoongi's messages later and later. He wouldn't answer his phone calls. The letters they'd write back and forth started to become one sided. Jimin even deleted his Facebook and Instagram and his phone was disconnected. Yoongi had no way of getting in touch with him and anytime he talked to his mother and asked her about Jimin she would say he was fine, though he knew better.. but he never argued because it was pointless.

It was finally time for Yoongi to come home and he arrives from the train this time. He walks off, seeing his mom standing there, waiting for him. "Yoongles!" She yells with a big smile and runs over to him. "Hey mom!" He says as they embrace each other.

"Oh my goodness let me look at you! You look so handsome!"

Yoongi liked the praise but it also made him a little embarrassed. "Mom... stop." He says smiling awkwardly as he glances over at a woman watching them. "What? I'm your mother and I haven't seen you in two years! And you do look handsome!"

"Thanks. You look beautiful as ever." He compliments back, her giving him a smile as she pulls him along. "Come on, lets go home. I'll make you some delicious Ramen and Steak!"

They get home and she in fact makes the food and they eat as he tells her about his time in Africa. He tells her about how it felt nice to be able to help those less fortunate than him and how he met a lot of amazing people.

"I met a girl." He mentions.

"Oh?" Rita lets out as she raises an eyebrow at him.

"Yes. Her name is Kiana. She made the whole experience great! She probably did the most. Though she actually lives in Africa, but we became pretty close."

"How close? Like, you like her?" Rita asks. She always wondered when Yoongi was going to meet a nice woman.

He looks down at his plate, twirling his food with his fork as he shrugs. "I mean, yeah but, I'm never going to see her again.. so it's whatever." He puts some steak in his mouth and begins to chew. Rita sat there across from him, watching his every move. She could tell he was bothered by something. "Well, maybe you will. You never know." She says, continuing to eat.

He shrugs again, then looks up at her. "Have you talked to Jimin recently?" He asks.

She knew this was coming. She hesitates, "Umm, no not really. The last time I spoke to him was months ago."

Yoongi furrows his brows. "Do you know what happened to him?"

She puts her fork down and gives all her attention to him, "Yoongi, a lot of things have happened and I didn't want to tell you while you were in Africa because I didn't want to worry you."

"What happened?"

"Well.. Jimin got into it with his father and the police got involved. They caught his father abusing him so he was arrested. I told him he could stay here and he did.. for awhile. But he started to go downhill."

Yoongi shakes his head, his eyes wide,
Focusing so hard on his mother. "Downhill? What do you mean?"

She sighs, "He started hangin out with these guys. They were older.. and he changed his appearance. He bleached his hair and started acting..." she hesitates again, looking like she didn't want to say the word.

"Acting like what?" Yoongi was getting impatient.

"Like... a homosexual." His mother blurts out. "He stopped going to school, he would leave, be gone for days and come back drunk.. I'd try to help him but he'd just tell me I'm not his mother and he can do whatever he wants. So he grabbed what he could and left, and that was the last I saw of him."

Yoongi couldn't believe what his mother was saying, none of that sounded like the Jimin he knew. He lowers his face into his hand as Rita continues, "I knew you wouldn't like it."

He quickly looks back up at her, "Of course I don't like it! Do you know where he is now?"

She thinks for a second and says "Ahh." Getting up from the table as she disappears into the other room. She comes back with a flyer and places it down in front of him.

Yoongi reads it aloud. "Rainbow Flamingo." He looks up at her. "What does this mean?"

"Look." She moves her finger to a name printed on it, and it was Jimin. Yoongi looks at it closely and instantly becomes shocked. "He's supposedly a dancer, at a gay club. This flyer is for tonight. Some guy dressed in women's clothing was handing them out downtown."

Yoongi quickly stands from the table. "I got to go. Thanks for dinner. I'll be back later."

"Okay, but be careful! And Yoongi!"

He turns around to face her as he opens the front door.

"You might not like what you find."

He presses his lips together then sighs, "It doesn't matter. He needs me." he utters then eagerly walks out the door and heads to downtown LA to find his best friend.