.34.

Yoongi awoke the next morning in the chair of the hospital room. He sits up in the seat and looks over at Jimin who was finally awake, just sitting there watching tv. "Good morning sunshine." Jimin says softly with a sweet smile.

"Jimin.." Yoongi gasps as he gets up and walks to his bed. "I'm so glad you're awake." He leans down and gives Jimin a hug, making him confused.

"Yeah, what happened? The last thing I remember is getting up from the couch and feeling pain in my back." They pull apart and Yoongi pulls the chair close to Jimin's bed and sits back down in it and takes Jimin's hand in his. "You wanted to go to bed, so I helped you because you were in a lot of pain. It came out of no where and it quickly got worse. So I called an ambulance to come get you."

"And everything's okay?" Jimin asks. Yoongi looks down at Jimin's soft, small hand in his and rubs it gently as he presses his lips together, trying to hold in emotions. "Uhh.." he pats Jimin's hand and then squeezes it kinda tight, looking up at him. "No, everything's not okay."

Jimin's content expression quickly changed to a small pout as he watched Yoongi lower his head again. "Yoongi, What is it?"

Yoongi couldn't stop the tears from coming, but it wasn't a lot. They just welted up in his eyes, making them look glossy. "The cancer came back and they can't do anything about it because.." he pauses, trying not to break down. He takes a deep breath. "Your liver is failing."

Jimin inhaled deeply as he licks his lips, slightly nodding his head. "Well, I guess we will just have to keep trying."

Yoongi furrows his brows. "Jimin, theres not a lot they can do. They can't do surgery again, and they can't do chemo because you need a liver transplant, but there's a list so it's not like you can even get one right this sec-"

"Yoongi!" Jimin interrupts his babbling. Yoongi looks at him, wide eyed as he breathed heavily. Jimin shook his head, "We can't give up." Yoongi lowers his head again. "We have to try." Jimin continues.

Yoongi wipes his face and then sits up in the chair. "So what? We wait for a liver transplant in hope that one will be available?"

"Yes. If.. I'm meant to live then one will be available. If not, then.. that's just how it is."

Yoongi closes his eyes, his expression turning sad at the younger's words. "Yoongi, we have to be strong. I need you to be strong for us. For me."

Yoongi nods his head, opening his eyes as a tear falls from one of them.

"Okay? Because I'm just gonna get worse and I need you."

"I know.. and I will. I promise."

•••

A couple weeks pass and Jimin still hasn't managed to get a new liver. Yoongi has constantly been contacting people about it but nothing has came up. Jimin was definitely getting worse. Laying in bed all day, him struggling to walk even to the bathroom. A few times, Yoongi had to do things that were extremely uncomfortable for someone to do that might even be embarrassing for some but he didn't care. He loved Jimin.

Since there was a possibility that Jimin wouldn't get better, he didn't want to die in the hospital so they let him go home. The doctor prescribed Jimin a strong pain medication for his cancer pain.

"Give a shot of this to Jimin once every 8 hours. Unless he doesn't really need it. It's strong enough to take care of the pain he has. With the liver failing, we can't risk giving him more than one dosage in eight hours." She hands Yoongi the prescription and he reads it.

The medication was fentanyl.

"Uhh, does it have to be fentanyl?"

Dr. Brenner raises her eyebrows, "Yes. It's a great medication for cancer pain. Why?"

"He was highly addicted to this drug years ago. What if he relapses on it? I can't risk that!" Yoongi was getting uneasy.

"Don't worry Yoongi. As long as you only give him one shot every eight hours, he should be fine. Besides, you'll be in control of it. It's not like he can get up and go look for it himself anyways. Just don't tell him what the drug is."

Yoongi nods, "Okay. I just want him to be comfortable that's all."

•••

Jimin was getting worse. By this point, he couldn't walk at all. He was losing weight and the cancer was really taking a toll on him. The liver failure was too, causing the whites of his eyes and skin tone to turn a little yellow from jaundice.

Yoongi had given him a bath, trying to soothe the pain with warm water and his mother's oil. It helped a little bit, but Jimin was still in a lot of pain. He constantly whimpered, breathing deeply as he mostly kept his eyes closed. He was exhausted. Even though he laid in bed most of the time. Cancer, is no joke.

When they were finished, Yoongi helps him out, not even caring he was getting his clothes wet and dries Jimin off the best he can. He wraps a warm blanket around Jimin's naked body and lays him in bed.

Yoongi pulls out a needle and the bottle of fentanyl and gives Jimin one shot right in his thigh. He disposes of the needle and puts the medication away and hopes the medicine can ease his pain.

It had been doing well for awhile, but recently it was as if he was becoming used to it.

Yoongi leaves the room and begins doing some chores. He cleans the kitchen, putting away the clean dishes and the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. He managed to get some laundry done and walks up to the bedroom door. Jimin was groaning in pain.

Yoongi walks up to Jimin and he notices Yoongi standing there. "Yoo-ngi?"

"Yes Jimin. I'm here. What do you need?"

"Please.. please.." Jimin whines as he begins to sob. The pain was just too unbearable. "Please what?" Yoongi asks.

He lifts his hand, trying to grab Yoongi. "It hurts. Please.."

Yoongi realizes what Jimin is asking. "Oh Jimin, I can't give you anymore medicine.. it's only been an hour. I'm sorry."

Jimin begins to sob harder, taking in deeper breathes. Yoongi didn't know what to do. He wasn't aloud to give him more medicine. He leaves the room again, hoping Jimin would eventually fall asleep but he doesn't. Actually, his groaning became louder an more drawn out in between deep breaths.

Yoongi couldn't take it anymore. It had only been three hours since his last shot and he knew he wasn't supposed to give Jimin another one but hearing and seeing Jimin suffer was enough to break the rules.

He pulls out another needle and feels it up with fentanyl and pulls the covers off Jimin, sticking it into his thigh once again. He hesitates but then pushes the medicine inside. He disposes of that needle and puts the medicine away and by the time he comes back, Jimin had finally fallen asleep.

He had a feeling that he shouldn't have given Jimin another dosage, but at least he was sleeping and not feeling the pain anymore, and in that moment, that's what mattered.
______________________________

-do you like idol? i love it. all the songs are amazing! im just so in love with them!💕
but anyways, the story is almost over.-
-k-