.32.

It was the day of the surgery and Jimin was feeling a bit apprehensive

It was the day of the surgery and Jimin was feeling a bit apprehensive. He knew deep down that there was a chance this wouldn't work and he didn't want to be left in a state where Yoongi would have to take care of his every need. Though Yoongi didn't mind of course. All he cared about was making sure Jimin was as comfortable as possible.

He was prepped and ready to go, wearing a hospital gown and cap, laying on his side so that they could get to his back and the IV already hooked up, ready to inject the Valium to keep him calm.

Yoongi stood by his side, holding his hand before they were done. "I'll be here when you're done. I'm not going anywhere okay?" Yoongi says softly, Jimin giving him a nod in response.

"Okay! Are you ready?" A cheerful nurse says as she walks up to Yoongi looking down at Jimin. "Ready as I'll ever be I guess." Jimin says as the nurse replies, "Don't worry sweetie. Dr. Brenner has done this surgery many times and she's never had any complications."

Jimin smiles as she goes to inject the Valium into his IV. "Now this will help with your nerves, you might feel a little lightheadedness."

That was an understatement.

It hit him almost instantly and he was definitely flying high. Though it was different than the high he used to feel everyday, this was much more relaxing and calming.. and he felt like laughing too.

They wheel him into the operating room and the anesthesiologist puts the mask on him and tells him to count down from ten. Even though the Valium had an affect on him, he still managed to focus enough to do what the doctor said.

"Ten, nine.. eight... seven...." and he was out.

•••

A couple hours pass and Dr. Brenner comes out to Yoongi. He stands from his chair as she speaks, "The surgery went well. We were actually able to remove all of it without causing any damage."

Yoongi was so relieved. He put his hand to his chest and smiled so big, "That's so good to hear."

Dr. Brenner smiles, "He's in recovery still asleep. All he needs now is the chemo, but we want him to heal some before we start the therapy."

Yoongi nods, "That's understandable. Can I see him?"

"Yes of course, follow me."

Yoongi does as he's told and quickly follows behind her.  They walk into the room and he sees Jimin laying there. Machines hooked up to him as he slept soundly.

"If you need anything just call the nurse." Dr. Brenner says as Yoongi nods, then she leaves the room.

Yoongi walks up to the bed and looks down at the man he loves. "It went well Jimin. Everything's gonna be okay. I can just feel it." He says as he rubs Jimin's hand.

An hour passes and Yoongi was sitting in the chair watching the tv when he hears whimpers come from Jimin. Yoongi looks over at him and sees him trying to move his hand and head. His eyebrows furrowed back and forth as he began to softly sob, though no tears were visible.

Yoongi jumps up and goes over to him. "Jimin, hey, you okay?" Jimin couldn't speak, he just kept whining.

Yoongi pushes the button to call the nurse and she comes on the intercom.
"Yes?"

"Uhh he's awake."

"Okay! I'll be right there."

He holds Jimin's hand, "It's okay Jimin. The nurse is coming."

Not even thirty seconds later, she walks in and goes straight up to the side of Jimin's bed where his IV is. She pulls out a needle full of a liquid.

"What's that?" Yoongi asks.

"It's klonopin." She puts the needle in his IV and pushes the medicine inside. Yoongi watches as Jimin slowly becomes quiet and drifts back off to sleep.

"What is.. klonopin?"

"It's a sedative. It's used to help anxiety but can also help with pain." The nurse says giving Yoongi her full attention.

"So it is a pain medication?" Yoongi was concerned.

"Its a sedative. Not a narcotic. The only reason people use it for pain is because it helps calm people. Just like how it calmed Jimin here." She pulls off her gloves and throws them in the trash.

Yoongi nods, "Okay.. it's just that, pain medication makes me uneasy. He was addicted to it before."

"I see. Well, he won't relapse in the hospital. We will make sure he only gets the recommended dosage. Don't worry." She gives him a comforting smile as she places her hand on his shoulder. "If you need anything else just call."

He nods, "Thanks."

•••

A month passes and Jimin was finally back home and recovering very well from surgery. The only trouble he had was walking, but he was getting better and better everyday. He seemed happy and felt great. It was as if his whole mood had changed. Being optimistic was definitely keeping Yoongi in good spirits.

He began chemotherapy and luckily for him the drugs he was taking, weren't making him lose his hair, just thinning it a bit. So he was definitely happy about that.

They decided to have a get together with Stacey and Todd since everything was going well.

"Hey guys!" Stacey says as she comes in hugging Yoongi instantly and then goes over to Jimin, who was sitting on the couch. "You look so good! I wouldn't have even known you had cancer."

Jimin chuckles, "Shut up, I look sick as hell. Don't even lie."

"No baby, you look amazing." Stacey replies sitting down next to him. She had missed her best friend and Jimin missed her too.

Todd and Yoongi walk in making the two on the couch look at them.

"How ya feeling Jimin?" Todd asks.

Jimin smiles, "I'm actually feeling okay."

"That's great! I'm glad everything is working out."

"Also.. look!" Stacey says holding her hand out to Jimin. It showcased a beautiful diamond engagement ring. Jimin's eyes go wide as his jaw dropped. He grabs Stacey's hand, looking closely at it and then up to Todd. "Y'all are getting married?!"

Stacey nods her head rapidly with a huge smile on her face as Todd chuckles.

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you both!" Jimin exclaims as he hugs Stacey.

Yoongi turns to Todd and congratulates him as well.

"Thank you! If it wasn't for you two we'd never found each other. So I'm really thankful for you both." Stacey says, looking at both Jimin and Yoongi.

"Yeah, I appreciate y'all introducing us. We're very happy." Todd adds.

"So you have to be there! And If you can't be apart of the actual wedding I'll understand but you have to at least be there!"

Jimin smiles, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Stacey gets all excited and gets up from the couch and walks over to Todd, embracing him as they all talk. Jimin sat there watching them with a smile, but then all of a sudden he got a bad feeling in his gut and it completely changed his whole mood, making the smile dissipate from his face.