CHAPTER TEN - Revelations (sort of)

CHAPTER TEN – Revelations (sort of)

Squid’s POV

“Uh, Stampy, who’s at the door?”

                Stampy continued looking through the peephole without any expression. He pulled his head back and slowly opened the door, revealing…nothing. Nothing was there, even though it appeared that Stampy was clearly having a conversation with something. He kept on nodding and his face regained expression, except it was filled with anger.

“You, you okay, mate?”

                He turned to me, with gritted teeth and pulled his fist back. I saw what was coming and ducked.

“What the heck mate?”

                He tried desperately to kick me, but I grabbed his shoulders and pushed him down. I heard him seethe in pain, but then he got and tried pushing me over. Stampy wasn’t very strong and he didn’t affect me in any way. I just stood there while Stampy was trying to push me back, he was really struggling. He went for another punch, but I punched him hard on the side of his face first and he dropped down to the ground. Even though Stampy tried punching me, I still felt kind of bad.

                “What are you doing Stamps? What’s the point of this?” Stampy opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but instead he looked as if he was getting stabbed in the stomach. He kept on jerking forward, his jaw still dropped as if someone put a weight at the bottom of his mouth. The air above him turned to a silver-ish red aurora, as if the northern lights were right here. Squid was distracted for a second that he almost forgot about Stampy. Squid kneeled down next to Stampy and lifted up his head.

                “Stamps, you ok?” Stampy opened his eyes and yawned as if he had just woken up from sleeping. “Squid,” Stampy said, confused, “what are you doing?” Did he not know what just happened? “You were looking through the peephole, and then you tried to punch me in the face”, Squid said, still not sure why Stampy was confused.

                “Why would I punch you?” Stampy stared at me, even more confused than before. “I don’t know, you just did”, I replied. Stampy got up and sat down at the island, resting his face in his palm. He felt the blood from his cheeks on his fingertips. Stampy jolted his head up and looked down at his bloody hand. “Squid,” Stampy said without looking away from his hand, “why is there blood on my cheek?”

                “Well,” Squid began; cracking his knuckles nervously, “I kind of had to punch you down to the ground to get you to stop trying to kill me or whatever you were doing. But when you fell on the ground, this weird thing happened. This red, silver-ish, Northern Lights-like aurora borealis came above you, and then disappeared into thin air”. This seemed to get Stampy’s attention. “Did you say it was red?” Stampy said, staring at me as if the answer to his question would change his entire life. “Um, yeah, and silver”, I said.

                Now I’m the confused one. Stampy has just been sitting down looking at the window, and he isn’t saying why it matters if it’s red or not. I don’t even know what it was!