Chapter 14 - Sqaishey

Chapter 14 – Sqaishey

Sqaishey’s POV

I’m so excited to see Stampy. He doesn’t know it yet, but I’m gonna go over there! He’s probably gonna let me stay over at his house because he’s just so nice. Now that I’m finally 18 and free from my dad, I can go places on my own without his permission. I’m not gonna lie, I liked it at my house and I did like my dad—most of the times anyway. He’s never been mean to me; he’s just helped me to be more independent by letting make most of my decisions. I know that makes it sound bad, but he’s a good guy. “B-Beth? (that’s what I’ve been told her name is)”, my dad croaked. Leaving my bag on my bed, I walked over to my dad’s room. “A-are you leaving today?” he said, getting up from his bed. “Yes, but why are you up so early? You should go back to bed”, I told him, bringing his covers up to his chin. This is what I mean. He’s weak, but I know he still cares about me. He would always make an effort to show up to anything I participated ever since my mom died in a car crash when I was four. He knew that if no one were there at my piano recital, school play, or just anything like that when I was younger, I would feel so alone---and he never wants me to be sad. As he got older, he got more tired, but he would still drive me to school at seven in the morning, even though I told him I could drive.

“I wanted to see you before you go because I don’t know how long you’re going to be gone”, he said, pushing the covers away so he could hug me. Another thing just to clarify, he isn’t old—I kind of made him sound pretty old. He’s actually only 43—he had me when he was 25. He has a “condition” that he swore on his grave he would never tell me what it is until it kills him. He’s been saying that for almost 10 years now. “I love you, Dad. See you soon”, I said, hugging him.

Stampy’s POV

***5:00 P.M. **

            When Amy said she was gonna make a cake with Squid and me, I didn’t know that batter would end up everywhere. “The next time you use a mixer, don’t point it at us”, Squid told Amy, who was too busy laughing. Squid began scraping batter off the walls and put them in our cake pan. “Whoever eats that cake is going to die”, I said, still laughing with Amy. Squid stopped throwing the batter in the pan, and started throwing it at us. Amy jumped behind the island, while I just ducked where I was standing. Amy began throwing batter at me, so I ran to the counter and picked up what was left in the pan, but Squid said, “No, mate, let’s at least save that much of the batter”. Amy began standing up, but I had been holding the pan right above her head. She hit her head on it and the batter fell all over, as she screamed at me, “Stampy! Why’d you do that?” She starting wiping batter off her face and throwing it at mine. “I…didn’t….meant to!” I said, in between laughs and while trying to avoid getting batter in my mouth. “C’mon, if we don’t start cleaning now, the batter will dry and our kitchen will be a piece of ugly art”, Squid told us as he wiped down the counters with a paper towel. “Fine”, Amy grumbled.

Sqaishey’s POV

            What the heck was going on their house? I saw white stuff splatter on the windows, and then I say Squid throwing it. Giggling to myself, I said thank you to the taxi driver and got out, but there was already someone at Stampy’s door. A girl. Ugh, I’m so stupid. I had the magical spell cast upon me making my brain think that he likes me, when in reality, that is probably his girlfriend knocking on the door saying, “Hey, can I join you guys”? Not caring if they saw me or not, I sat down against their fence on the left side of their house. And someone sat down beside me.

Stampy’s POV

            “There, now we can make an actually, edible cake with our new clean kitchen”, Squid said, laughing at our unenthusiastic faces due to the fact we had to stop our batter war to clean. Squid walked to the pantry to get more cake mix as the doorbell rang. I could tell that Squid stiffened a bit, and he’s probably thinking the same thing that I was thinking, why would someone be at our door at 7? Wiping the batter off my face, I opened the door to Melanie. “Why are you here?”, I said immediately. “I just wanted to see how you wer—”

            “No, you don’t simply put someone’s life at risk then come back like nothing happened”

            “I don’t know what you’re—”

            “You know exactly what I’m talking about”, as I said that, I saw her face turn from faux-innocent, to a straight face. “Your loss”, she said as she walked away. Shaking my head, I walked back into the kitchen to find Amy playing Christmas music on our stereo. “Who was that?” asked Squid. “Just Melanie”, I said, as Squid stiffened again, “but don’t worry, I got rid of her”. We started making a real cake as Amy danced around to old cheesy Christmas songs and we laughed at her.

Sqaishey’s POV

            I hadn’t seen her in years, but I would recognize that red hair and tan skin anywhere. “Hey, it’s been a long time”. Because she had always been my imaginary best friend, I had always made her 18 in my head because that’s the age I would become an adult and I would need her anymore. But here we are, two “adults” sitting outside a famous YouTuber’s house. “Why haven’t you knock?”

            “Because, he’s just…someone else was there, I just don’t wanna gobecauseidontfeellikeit”, my voice trailed off at the end. “C’mon, get up! This is not the kind of Be--Sqaishey I raised. You need to be your strong confident self and knock on that door”. She, like always, was right. “Until next time…”. Putting her head back, my friend sunk backwards into the fence and disappeared. Although she’s imaginary, she gets more and more real every time I see her.

~~~

Thnx for reading,

Sorry for the wait,

and I'm dedicating this chapter to Internet Addict because she was the first person I talked to on Wattpad and she's come so far with her books.

~~~

Stay awesome :3