Part 10: Birthday wish

Years had passed by since Yoongi and Jimin first met and a unbreakable bond had been made between the two.

They both saw one and other grow up and held many memories with each other; Yoongi was Jimin's dream catcher and Jimin became Yoongi's good luck charm.

Over the years as they both grew as people they also grew closer and maybe some feelings began to develop between the two.

Jimin openly expressed his liking of Yoongi, as Yoongi chose to ignore them as well as any possibility of anything between the two.

And now approached Jimins sixteenth birthday, a day when a decisions had to be made which could change lives.

------ ------ ------ ------

"So what is it that you want for your birthday son? You can have anything you want." Jimin's father asked as they strolled around the garden.

Jimin knew that he was approaching the age of arranged marriages and knew that he didn't want to be with anyone other than his servant "Yoongi."

Mr Park turned to face his son with a frown on his face which caused Jimin to retaliate defensively saying "You said anything."

"Jimin. You are a man from a noble family and Yoongi is a servant. The first issue here is that you should marry into another noble family to expand our power and the second issue is that Yoongi is a man." Mr Park explained trying to make his son understand that it can't happen.

Jimin started to get angry so retorted "I thought my happiness should come first."

Mr Park couldn't think of a response quick enough so Jimin continued.

"Nobility and servants can still have feelings for each other and so can men for men or women for women, love is love. You always said that so whats so different now? Or was it all just a lie?"

Mr Park fell speechless; He was proud of what his son had said but it also didn't help with the fact they had an appearance to up keep.

"You said anything so i'm guessing that was a lie too..." Jimin said before turning around and starting to speed walk away, trying to hide the tears of anger and betrayal he felt.

"Wait!" His father yelled running over to him before grabbing his shoulder and turning him around.

Jimin said nothing and instead looked up with angry eyes.

"I love you Jimin and everything I've said is still the same now as it always has been but you have to understand we have a image to maintain..." Mr Park said with a shaky voice.

"I don't care about image, I care about being happy!" Jimin yelled tears of anger now flowing like a river.

"Yoongi will still be with you where ever you go, he's your servant-"

"I don't want him to be my servant and I want to stay here... with him..." Jimin said his anger turning into sadness.

"Jimin... I just want what's best for you..." Mr Park said pulling his son into a hug.

"I know..." Jimin said, voice muffled by his father.

"There's nothing to say that Yoongi has feelings for you too son. I don't want you to get hurt. Not following up on these feelings will spare you heart break." Mr Park said stroking his hair.

Jimin had heart break laced in his voice as he shakily whispered "I still want to try..."

Jimin looked up at his father with visible pain in his eyes and a trembling pout on his lips, a face he couldn't say no too.

"I can't stop you... Just promise me you are doing what make's you happy, truly happy."

Mr Park let out a sigh before carrying on.

"You have until three months to win Yoongi's heart. After that if you fail your love life goes to me and i'll choose a partner for you." Mr Park said in a serious voice "That's the best I can compromise."

Jimin just nodded before re-burying his face in to his fathers chest as he hugged him tighter being squeezed back.