Part 25: Love

"Jimin! I haven't seen you since breakfast where have you been?" Mr Park said standing up and hugging his son dramatically like it had been years.

"Father! I haven't seen you since breakfast either!" Jimin replied back equally as loud.

"You didn't answer my question kiddo." Mr Park said sitting down laughing "What've you been up to?"

"Well I cried in my room all morning then me and Yoongi talked and now I've officially confessed so I don't have to marry someone I don't love." Jimin said starting to eat his soup as his father dropped his spoon in his own.

"W-w-what happened? A-are you okay?" Mr Park asked after processing thinking that Jimin said his day in the wrong order.

Jimin was eating some bread when his father finally spoke so it took him a second to be able to respond but as he was about to his father or up.

"He's going to regret hurting my son."

Jimin choked on his bread when he heard what his father said causing his father to turn in concern and go to him.

"Eat slower Jimin jeez." Mr Park said rubbing his back.

"D-Don't hurt Yoongi. He feels the same I was crying because I thought he didn't." Jimin said looking up at his father with wife eyes.

Mr Parks eyes softened at hearing that and he flopped into his chair again moving it closer to Jimin.

"Thank god because I didn't want to hurt him, he's like a son to me but you are my son and if he hurts you Jimin I swear I'll-"

"No threats. He won't I trust him." Jimin said with the same stern look his father had a second before.

"Okay. So what happened? Tell your old man." Mr Park said fully interested.

After that Jimin explained everything that happened and how sweet Yoongi was towards him, like the soft kisses and gentle hug.

This made his father happy because it just showed that nothing would change between them and it also warmed his heart because the smile he saw on his sons face recollecting reminded him of his late wife's.

"Father, I owe you an apology..." Jimin said the look on his face changing from fondness to sorrow.

"What for? You've done nothing wrong." Mr Park said placing a hand on Jimin's knee.

"Well first of all theirs my attitude. I shouldn't have snapped at you or argued with you all those times. Especially recently... I know it's gotten worse but..."

"You were scared." Mr park finished his sons sentence.

"You were scared that you'd loose the people around you, you were scared that you fell in love with your best friend, you were scared your family would think of you differently, you were scared of other people's reactions. Jimin, I know..." Mr Park said now wiping his sons falling tears.

"I was scared of myself... I still am..." Jimin said now crying involuntarily.

"You have nothing to be afraid of son." Mr Park said hugging Jimin close to him.

"I'm going to be h-hated by everyone father... I don't want that... I want t-too be happy... I want to be with Yoongi b-but that's not how things are... men are supposed to l-love women... why aren't I like them? And why is the man I-I love able to return my feelings when I'm like this?" Jimin said in tears.

"No...no Jimin don't think like that not for a second. Love is love and you deserve to be happy, we've talked about this before, you know this." Mr Park said his heart shattering at his sons words.

"T-things are different now." Jimin said back trying to calm down but failing.

"What's different Jiminie?" Mr Park asked trying to keep his voice steady.

"I-I never thought I'd get this far... I-I thought that none of this would've happened, that my life would be planned and I wouldn't ever be with someone I actually loved... let alone Min Yoongi... I don't deserve him or to be happy... there's got to be something wrong with me..." Jimin said barely breathing.

"No don't say that. You deserve him and to be happy, there's nothing wrong with you. You've learned to love another man in a time where other people haven't quite caught up yet but eventually you'll meet other people w-who do." His father said, tears finally defeating him.

"You, my son, are u-unique and that's one of y-your best qualities. I love you Jimin and will continue to love you unconditionally." Mr Park carried on.

"I should've never even thought about choosing your f-future for you and I'm sorry for that, I will support you and your choice no matter what because at the end of the day your my world." Mr Park said.

"T-thank you." Was all Jimin could say and so that's where they left it, just staying in their hug until they eventually stopped crying - returning to a normal day because everything was as it normally would it would be the only difference being that some of their darkest thoughts were known.