Part 21: Loss

"Good job bringing in the offers Jimin. It's just a shame you won't be marrying any of them..." Mr Park said counting the amount of letters of proposals he received for his son.

"Tuff we had a deal." Jimin said going to his seat in his fathers office.

"Speaking of the deal I'm happy that your both happy son but have you actually confessed your feelings for Yoongi because a maid informed me she saw you both kissing but didn't hear any words, she waited a while outside and doubted if you were in their." Mr Park said making Jimin instantly roll his eyes.

"I see..." Mr Park said as he watched Jimin grow more nervous.

"Well he wouldn't kiss you if there wasn't anything there so you may as well confess. I just want you to be happy son." Mr Park said offering the famous Park smile.

"Your just saying that because you want this to all fail so I marry who you choose." Jimin said pouting.

"I want you to be happy but I also want you to be secure Jimin. I don't want to see you or your reputation hurt but if it makes you happy I can settle for it."

Mr Park stood up from his chair and moved to the seat next to his son placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want to lose you too. I love you Jimin."

Jimin looked up to meet his fathers eyes seeing tears welling up in them which caused the same in response.

"I love you too."

It had been a long time since the accident where Jimin's mother died and it affected them both to this day.

They both knew they only had each other left so would often butt heads at what was best; it either being Jimin knowing what's best for himself or his father knowing what's best because he's older.

Jimin was grateful at the amount of effort his father put in trying to fulfil both rolls but he couldn't no matter how much he tried.

Jimin's mother was beautiful but does tragically in a accident that Jimin was also in.

She used herself to protect her son and it cost her, her life.

They managed to move her to a hospital with Jimin near by the whole time, Jimin blaming himself and her trying to calm him no matter the state she was in.

The image of that day burned into both of their minds daily as her last words replayed in their heads at night "I don't regret saving you, I love you both."

Guilt still consumed Jimin and his father had to comfort him through it which is why he got Yoongi as a distraction of sorts as well as the fact that he needed someone to take care of Jimin when he couldn't because his work began to pile up.

Yoongi turned into a person both Mr Park and Jimin loved even though at the start Mr Park was bitter at the fact he knew he was giving up a role in Jimin's life but it was necessary and he was still there anyways.

Yoongi brought some life back to their lives through his personality that in some aspects reflected Jimin's mother through his heart and nature.