Part 17: Innocent crush

A few days had passed since Yoongi and Jimin's game.

Nothing appeared different between the two too everyone around them but they would notice sight differences in each other, like Jimin's constant slight blush and Yoongi's teasing becoming more consistent.

Jimin was becoming more anxious by the day as he knew his dead line to find out if Yoongi liked him and was willing to be with him even though there was social class difference.

Yoongi didn't know about Jimin's feelings and continued to hide his crush as Jimin did his.

It was now one day until Jimin's birthday and one day until the massive party his father had arranged.

Jimin only had two months until his deadline was due and knew the party and aftermath would consume most of his time that's why he made his own goal for the party; confessing to Min Yoongi and winning his heart.

--- --- --- --- ---

"That suit suits you Jimin. Aye see what I did there." Jimin's fathered joked as Jimin rolled his eyes almost debating not wearing it due to the bad Dad joke.

"Good one Mr Park." Yoongi said laughing at the joke because of how bad it was.

Jimin thought it couldn't get any worse but was proven wrong when Yoongi chose to keep repeating it as he sorted Jimin's hair out.

"If I hear that pun one more time I swear I'm going to jump off something." Jimin said clear enough for the point to get across.

"Your no fun master." Yoongi said quietly, finishing styling his hair.

"I am fun. It's just both of your dad jokes aren't good." Jimin said folding his arms and sticking his tongue out.

Yoongi's voice goes defensive as he says "Dad jokes are the best jokes." His mouth forming a natural pout as he spoke.

"Maybe so but it doesn't mean yours are good." Jimin said before turning to look at himself to see how he looked.

"That's only in comparison to mine Yoongi, your jokes are great." Mr Park said walking over to his son and gently placing his hands on his shoulders, flattening out the wrinkles.

"I'm proud of you Jimin, thank you for putting some effort in." Mr Park began letting out a sigh before continuing in a more serious voice.

"Honestly I expected you to lock yourself away and throw a tantrum all night like you normally do when I make you attend stuff, you've grown up a lot son and I couldn't be prouder-"

"I'm going to buy time and you know that so please don't try and guilt me by saying I've matured when we both know it's for a ulterior motive." Jimin interrupted with a glimpse of anger in his eye.

Yoongi was confused about everything only knowing Jimin wanted to delay getting married and he knew for that Jimin needed to be his normal happy self to make a good impression.

Mr Park stared for a moment in shock at his sons sudden truth before finally speaking in a monotone voice.

"And this is exactly why you need to grow-"

"The party starts in a hour, i'll stay with Jimin until then Mr Park. You should go get ready."

Both Parks turned to face Yoongi as he looked down at his watch avoiding the annoyance he knew they both would have written all over their face but it was better for them to be mad t him than for them to be mad at each other and if Mr Park had finished what he was saying Yoongi knew he wouldn't be able to fix that easily.

"Be at the top of the stairs on time, Yoongi be sure of it." Was the last Mr Park said before leaving the room.