Prologue

Just a warning, this story will involve inappropriate language. Not recommended for five year old, but I think we're safe. ;)

Characters in this story are not based on anyone in real life except for Jack Met, Ryan Met, and Adam Met. They are based on the Pop/Indie boy band AJR, and even though I use their names and looks, I do not know their personalities, so actions they make in this story probably haven't happened in real life. All other characters are made up by me, and I'll let you know if I decide to use a new character that is based on a real person.

I wrote this for fun, because I like writing and I love the art of using words to convey emotion and thoughts. I would love feedback of any kind, weather you think I suck or not! I'm doing this more for me than for you right now, but who knows, things change. If you do read this, I have one thing I must insist of you. Enjoy!:)

Update: Kay, the main character, has absolutely no relation to me or anyone else in this world. And coincidences are just that; coincidences. Her likes are not my likes. Her dislikes are not my dislikes. Keep this in mind! Thanks guys.xx

Amyy

·····

The airplane is just about to land when Kari, my best friend, squeals so loud I think she might've sat on a pin. My head, along with many of the other passengers, snap in her direction, my sisterly instincts making me think of a thousand horrible things that can happened to her, where as the other passengers glare with warnings.

"Kari?" I chirp, leaning over to her. Because we're not the richest people in the world, nor the most organised, and due to a series of confusing and time-wasting events, the airline we chose only gave seats according to random numbers, so of coarse, me and Kari are five seats apart. It could've been worse, I agree, but it also could've been way better.

"Kay Kay Kay!!!" She squeals again. I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding in. Kari-even though she's almost two years older than me-is way more immature than me, and this usually causes her to get overly excited over what is probably a new pair of boots that came out this morning.

"What what what?" I reply, trying my hardest to not sound bored. The other passengers are all focusing on their own business now, as well as they should.

"AJR is playing in New York this week!" She says with pronounced excitement on the bands name.

"So?" I lean on my elbow and look out the window as the plane finally touches down. I watch as the sky disappears even though its almost midnight, and I mentally say see-ya-later to the stars.

"So WE'RE IN NEW YORK," She says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I am soooo taking you to see them. I'll even pay!

"Ohmygosh. Kari? Are you feeling all right? You just said you'd pay for me too. Maybe it's the jet lag," I joke. I smile over at her as the plane lands with a jerk and people start getting ready to get off.

Once we're free to get off, I make my way over to Kari who doesn't even try to get up yet.

"Yeah, maybe. But I'm still making you come. There's a Monday show and a Friday one, are you up?" She raises her eyebrows at me and I laugh.

"Monday is tomorrow. I'll be too tired. And Fridays already too busy. So no."

"Kay! Please! They're, like, my all time favourite band! This is a one time opportunity! PLEASE!" She begs, her hands clasped together and a puppy dog look plastered onto her face. I pull her up out of her seat, ignoring her, and we walk off the plane, the last people to do so.

"I thought One Direction was your favourite band? Or was it Coldplay? Or One Republic?" I ask, listing all of her supposed 'favourite bands'.

"PLEAAAAASE!" She begs again.

"Fine. Whatever," I frown. "Its not like I'm going to sleep this week anyway."

"YES! You know how much I love you right? I feel like I don't say it enough. Because I love you! I really do girl!" she says, grabbing my arm and swinging it. I can't help but smile.

"Ugh, I love you too." I try to hide my smile but I know it's too late.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun! I promise!" She grins back at me, her bright pink lips stretched in the happiest grin I've seen all day.

"It better be." I mutter, but I'm still smiling.