Chapter 9

This chapters songs:

Woody Allen- idek this song is addicting okay

Sweater Weather- by The Neighbourhood

A few Arctic monkeys song that I will probably regret listening to after I re-read this chapter:)

·····

By the time Jack and I get back to the restaurant, Ryan and Adam have eaten both their food, and ours, so after we yell at them some for eating out food, we leave.

"I came back and you were both gone and I got really confused," Ryan says, walking ahead of me and Jack. Adam is with Ryan ahead of us, actually taking part in the conversation.

"Confusion makes you wanna eat my lunch?" I ask him, smiling. I can't help but smile now, because I know I have a bag full of silly string, bubble gum, duck tape, and chocolate bars.

"Maybe. Hey, Adam did too," he says.

"That's no excuse! I didn't even know what I ordered," I laugh.

"French toats. It was good," Adam says. I push his shoulder and he laughs.

"I'm going to McDicks for lunch then. You guys are gonna miss out," Jack says, then adds, "Oh sorry, there's a lady here," he clears his throat, "I meant McDonalds,"

Ryan and Adam simply lose it at what they call Jacks 'politness' but I laugh because I've called it McDicks since I was twelve.

"I'll come too, I'm starving," I say. Ryan and Adam go back to wherever they parked their car (it was actually Carls car, but Carl didn't know we took it. Or he didn't when we left) And Jack and I start walking towards the huge light up M in the middle of the street. Yes, it was in the middle of the street, separating the already separated street, with an arrow that pointed to the right. it was dumb, because you wouldn't be able to miss the three story building with yet another M plastered on the front of the whole building.

When we crossed the four lane street we literally had to cross one lane at a time, stopping in the middle of the road to wait for more cars to pass.

"This is insane," I say when we get to the fast food restaurant.

"You get used to it. That what we had to do twice every morning and every night to go to school and back home. For four years," Jack said.

"They make kids walk to school like that?!" I ask, looking at him like he's crazy. He nods as if I had asked if he likes vanilla ice cream.

"That's insane!" I say, looking back at the restaurant.

"Yeah, my parents drove us to school when we were younger, and Adam drove us when we were older. Driving there actually took longer, we'd have to wake up twenty minutes earlier if we drove," he explains as we walk into the building. We sit at a modern table for two in an unspoken agreement that well order after this conversation is over.

"That is the total opposite of my whole damn life," I said. "It would take me four hours to walk to my high school, the bus ride alone was an hour and a half, and I had to take two buses because the first one didn't even go to my school. It stopped at another school where I got off and got on another bus.

"If I was lucky enough to get a ride to school I got to sleep in an hour," I say laughing at the end.

"Really? Okay, THAT'S insane," he says staring at me wide eyed. I still think his traveling method to school is more insane, but yes, I agree my parents were stupid to pick a house in the middle of freakng nowhere when we moved there.

"Not compared to crossing the street like that when your little! You can get killed," I say.

"Well we didn't. One of my friends got run over by a cyclist but at least it wasn't a car," Jack says calmly. I stare at him like he actually is going crazy, because I think he is.