Chapter 6

Eventually I find Kari, in the same bedroom she was in last night. She was sleeping, but I thought she wouldn't mind being woken up by me after she looked for me for hours last night and turned up with nothing. I kinda feel bad for her, but when I remember that he's leaving me in a strange city all alone today, I push that away. So what she was without me for a few hours last night, I'm going to have to spend a whole week here alone.

"Kay! Ohmygosh where were you? I was freaking out, you can't do that again, it was terrifying!" She starts off. I stand there and pretend to listen to her rant that involves words describing me as "a horrible friend" and "could've been shot" and "I hate you so much!" But I know she's down when she gets up and hugs me.

"I love you girl. But don't do that to me again," she suns up. I nod at her, slowing myself to defend my actions.

"I can't help getting lost, Kari." I say.

"Where were you though?" she asks bewildered.

"In the building," I gesture around myself. Once I say it, I realise how pathetic I sound. This building is absolutely tiny compared to some of the skyscrapers in New York.

"You were here the whole time? Oh thank god!" she says and hugs me again.

"When are you leaving today?" I ask quietly, changing the subject.

"The plane leaves at one. I should be home around five. Here time anyway. It'll be three at home. So really it's only a two hour flight," Kari grins at me. I laugh at her math skills, wanting to tease her about it since were both done school now, but I let her go this once.

"Okay. Well we have two hours to kill then. What should we do?" I ask. Kari looks at me like I'm insane. I'm not insane, but I'm confused now.

"I was planning on staying here with the boys. I mean, New York is awesome and what not, but I'll probably never meet these guys again. Unless the have domes off of Canadian tour and actually come to Nova Scotia. But they probably won't. Well maybe when they're sixty years old and we all forget about them by then, but still," she explains, and it's my turn to look at her like she's insane.

"Kari, we came here to your and have fun, not stay in a crazy building full of crazy people. I wanna see the city!" I say.

"And I wanna stay here! When I leave, you can see the city all you like," she says back, and she does have a point, which pisses me off.

"I don't want to stay here though," I whine lightly, but it's true. I'm getting fed up with all the rude remarks and all I can think of is that I'm glad I don't have a brother back home.

"Why not? They're famous and they actually like us. Thats rare for famous people, they usually think they're above everyone else," Kari says.

"That's not true, Kari, and plus they actually like you. They're only letting me stay here because I'm your friend." I say.

"But they're so nice to both of us! Not just me, Kay. Ryan even gave me his room for two nights," She says.

"I fell asleep on the couch and a hallway floor," I interupt. I didn't lie, I didn't fall asleep in Jacks room, I was just carried there and woke up there. Still Kari frowns at me.

"You slept on the floor?" She asks, an I can tell she's fighting a smile. I grin at her, letting her know it's okay to make fun of me because I'm also doing it.

"Yes. A floor. I actually considered it very comfortable last night," and we both laugh.

"Oh my god that sucks, baby, come here," she says and hugs me. I laugh awkwardly as I hug her back.