Chapter 26

·····KAYS POV·····

I was in love with the fact that Jack brought me to the river to see the sunset. He explained to me how it's the best spot in the whole city to see the sun go down, especially over the water, no matter how green.

As we drove back to the Stagehouse-and I noticed that Jack was taking his sweet time- we passed several music stores, all of which I resisted the temptation to yell 'stop the car' as we drove by. I didn't care what we did anymore because I was staying another whole week. A week more with Jack. It's strange thinking back that I almost collapsed with anger when Kari told me I had to stay here alone with him. Even though she still doesn't know that I've been staying with him and not at the hotel.

And now I'm looking forward to another week with him.

Getting my phone out to play my music(Jack insisted, I never really like playing my music for other people, but music makes me happy, and Jack makes me happy, so why not enjoy both at the same time?) I decided to check my texts. I had about twenty from Kari, plus three missed calls, all from her despite the long distance charge she knows she'll get.

Al of the texts from Kari included:

Fruitcake: Kay

Fruitcake: What the hell

Fruitcake: KAY? ANsWeR mE OR SO HhELp mE i WiLlL

Fruitcake: Please answer me:(((((((

Fruitcake: Meany

Fruitcake: A

Fruitcake: B

Fruitcake: C

E.t.c. And the like. I decided to reply:

Me: Hey dude:)

And within seconds she replied with:

Fruitcake: DUDE WHAT THE HELL WHATYA MEAN YOUR STAYING ANOTHER WEEK U NEED TO TELL ME FHINGS YOU BETTER TEXT ME BACK

Me: I'm staying another week because I can. And I'm texting you. Happy?

Fruitcake: YES IM HAPPY but im sad why arnt u comin home?

Me: you know I don't have a home Kari, and I'm staying with the boys here

I felt Kari deserved to know this all, even though I could almost hear the impending laugh all the way in Canada. I didn't like telling her about things I liked incase she threw it back in my face, because nothing's worse than your best friend calling so,etching you like dumb.

Fruitcake: the biys?? like adam jack ryan biys?

Me: um sure. Yeah. Them. Also. Don't go on Twitter.

Fruitcake: okay, I won't. Why?

Me: there's some problems here. I'm okay though. I'm staying another week so I'm happy.

Fruitcake: how r u gonna pay the ticket back ?

Me: I'm working for it

Fruitcake: you better not just move to new york on me i will hurt u also where u working at?

Me: sorry I g2g

Fruitcake: KAY NO GET BACK HERE

Fruitcake: KAYY NO AT LEAST SAY GOODBYE

Me: cya. I'll text you tonight. Ps I'm not becoming a prostitute don't worry

Fruitcake: thanx. and fine. ttyl loser. have fun with your new boyfriend ps I checked twitter

I sigh and throw my phone onto my lap, trying not to appear too frustrated.

"What's up?" Jack asks, a shy, careful smile showing on his face.

"I just texted Kari," I tell him.

"You look frustrated."

"I am. She just.. She likes to text. I don't like to text," I pick up my phone again and hold it like its a dirty sock.

"What's your number?" He asks, completely changing the subject.

"You're driving, Jack."

"Well, take my phone and put it in." I look around for his phone for a moment before he winks at me, taking it out of his pocket and handing it over. I slide the damn iPhone 'slide to unlock' thing, but theres a pass code.

"0469," Jack says before I can even ask. I try it and it works, I put my number in it, naming myself Kay(theonewiththewaybettertasteinmusic) and then I hand him his phone back.

"Thanks," he smiles the cheesiest smile I've seen on him yet, and I cant help but laugh at him.

"What?" He laughs along, the tiniest of dimples showing on his cheeks, his hair falling into his eyes as he whips his head back and forth from me to the road.

"I like when you smile," I say, nervously fingering the necklace I was wearing. He just smiled even bigger, a never faltering, cheeky as hell smile.

·····

EH

I'm so sorry this sucked so much. It's short. And it's a major filler. I'm basically building up to something but it's hard, you know? You need the exact right moment.

Also I was gonna update yesterday but Wattpad crashed so blame them