Chapter 27

·····KAYS POV·····

We only got to the Stagehouse an hour after I put my number into Jacks phone. The drive lasted only ten minutes, but Jack and I both for some reason just wanted to walk, so we did. We walked down a few blocks of stores that we're getting ready for closing, and in the muggy city darkness we could still see everything. After about twenty minutes of walking just away, we turned around, Jack grabbing my arm and spinning me around, quickly walking back the way we came from, dragging me along with him.

"Jack?" I ask in a whisper, but he only replies with a harsh 'shh', a tiny hidden smile pulling at his ungiving lips. His eyes are serious, but I can almost see a dark glint of humour in them. He pulls me around a corner, and I'm so confused, but before I can say anything, he spins around again and he's kissing me.

This kiss is warmer than the others, mostly because it's so cold out, but I can almost say I'm literally melting at his touch. His lips are hot and pressed against mine feverishly, his hands clutched onto my waist. My hands are tangled in his hair, their apparent new favourite place. I feel completely vulnerable and undone in Jacks arms, and my heart skips a beat when I think about being with him for another week. Under his kiss I feel like this can't ever end, because my body, mind, my whole being just wants more. I want more and I can feel in the feverish way Jack slides his hands down to my hips to pull me closer that he's the same. We may not be in love, we may not be dating, but I've never felt this way before. Just wanting more.

Jack presses me up against the building behind me, and I let him, knowing that this is different but not caring at all. A piece of uneven brick digs into my back but I don't care because Jacks lips are on mine, his hands are all over my sides, just because Jack. It's all I can think about, Jack, Jack, Jack, and my hands are pressed up against his chest, my fingers fisting his shirt, pulling him closer, closer.

He stops for a few seconds to breath, and I do too, both of us breathing in each other's air were so close. I pull him closer and crash my lips back on his, desperate for more. His tongue grazes my bottom lip and I part my lips, Jack taking back his control. In his arms I am completely and utterly under his.

He stops once again and rests his forehead against mine, and I realize that I can't breathe. I pant, my breathing matching his perfectly, and we just wait, wait until we can breath enough to talk. Jack raises his fingers and traces my top lip, and I can't help but smile. We're still close, our noses almost touching, and it still feels perfect. Up close, Jacks eyes are dark, almost black, but that may also be from the fury of lust.

We just made out in an alley.

"Kay.." Jack breathes, "Kay."

"Shh," I say, and I close my eyes and move my head so it rests on his shoulder. My ear is pressed to his neck, and he's still bent over, that's how tall he is. I breath in the sent of him, smiling lightly at the sent of mint and leather.

"You smell good," he smiles into my temple, kissing me softly there. I turn my head ever so slightly, just so I can see him better. He's smiling a drunken smile, and I'd have probably made fun of him for it if u wasn't the same.

"You do too," I laugh breathlessly, my chest still heaving, still catching my breath. "Like leather," I can't help but point out.

"From my car," he grins, and moves his forehead back to mine so we can still see each other while talking. The next minute is silence, though, and I enjoy just being with him, his arms wrapped around me, his head bent down to mine.

"Thank you," I whisper. I don't know what I mean it for. For the kiss? For being a friend-one of the best friends I've ever had, even though we've only known each other for a week. For the date? For helping me so I could stay longer? I let those two words hang in the air, passing through our minds as we both think about it.