Chapter 1

Note: I know people hate authors notes so I won't do them much, especially at the beginning of a chapter, but I'm just warning you, there are spelling mistakes. I only have auto correct, so there are probably a lot of errors. I'm not editing this, just writing for fun, so enjoy if you can xD

Amyy

·····

After an hour of traffic in a musty smelling cab with a whining Kari (who should NOT have been whining since I was actually doing this for her) we arrive at the bank to gather the amounts we need, making us pay to get our money. Twenty minutes later of struggling and math doing and we have enough money to buy two tickets for the AJR concert.

And the lineup is massive. I haven't heard much of AJR. I don't even know what the letters stand for. Kari has spoken of them before, obviously, but nothing incredible has ever caught my attention about them. She keeps trying to remind me that I have, in fact, heard one of their songs.

"You know, it's called 'I'm Ready'? You made fun of it the first time you heard it?" she says. I raise an eyebrow, silently questioning why she would want to remind me of something I made fun of that she loved.

"You know?" she repeats. When I shake my head she continues to try to persuade me that I know it. "It's literally Spongebob Squarepants chanting 'I'm Ready' while the boys just go EEWWEEEEEEEEEEEE UHHUHUH OOOOHOHOHOHOH," I cover my ears playfully when she sings the part, causing her to glare at me. I laugh at her.

"No Kari. I literally don't remember the song. Or the band for that matter."

She pouts at me before getting an idea. I know this because her eyebrows shoot up and she stands straighter than normal, as if to make her short frame look taller to back up this plan.

"Listen to it!" she shouts suddenly. I'm confused by this, and about to ask her, when I hear it. On speakers at the front of the building is a replay of a song that is, like Kari suggests, literally Spongebob Squarepants chanting "I'm Ready'' in the background while a high pitch male voice went "EEWWEEEEEEEEEEEE UHHUHUH OOOOHOHOHOHOH". It was a bit unnerving that Kari was so accurate, but amusing altogether.

After listening to the same three songs on repeat for twenty more minutes, it was finally our turn to purchase the tickets.

"Sorry ma'ams, d'er'er only one left." The man says in a heavy New York accent that let you guess at where he's lived all his life. Not the best parts of New York.

"What?!" Kari almost screams at the same time I yell, "Only one? Seriously?"

Kari pauses to turn to me, "Aw, you do care," before turning to the New Yorker. "Look mate, me and my girlfriend both want into this damn show, and were both going to get into it. So either you let us buy our way in like normal people, or-" I never get to hear Kari's threat because the man interrupts her.

"Look ma'am, there's only one show pass. I got o'der tickets to da Friday show you can pre-buy. It's what you should'a done in'th first place."

The lines of Kari's face smooth out in defeat, "Fine. Two tickets to Fridays show."

Just as the man was fiddling with tickets I see that more than a few had today's date on it, not fridays.

"Excuse me!" I squeal. "No. I want tickets to this show. And I know you have them. And unless you don't actually work for the management of this building, I'm going to go have a chat with them about how you wouldn't do your job and sell us tickets!"

He looks at me, knowing that I had seen the tickets for today. Kari looks intimidated but also confused, obviously not catching on yet.

"Shhh! Shut up an' I'll sell them to ya. Don't want everybody know'n."