Chapter 8

Just because people seem to like it, and I feel they should be credited for giving me inspiration, I'm going to list the song/songs I listen to when writing each chapter. 😁 (ps I hate spotify adds omg, and if anyone wants to follow me there to look at my odd taste in music, go ahead, my username is endmundherondale [don't ask it was a typo]) also, I'm going to start dedicating my chapters because I know how now and I love people so I gotta let them know that, because u guys better know.

This chapters songs were

AfterHours- My bbys(duh)

Starlight-by Muse

UPRISING- by Muse

Today was a muse day hehe, they add drama. I love them. Uprising is my new favourite song, I heard it on the radio this morning and fangirled. okay sorry for this long ass boring note but okay. Cya, and enjoy. Oh also, I love this chapter so much and I loved writing it more than the others for some reason, so I hope it makes sense and I hope you enjoy. okay. enjoy.

~EH

·····

We're back at the airport, much sooner than I thought we would be. Kari's bags are all held up by Ryan and Adam, the pink and purple fluffy bags looking odd in their hands. The high ceiling reminds me of a theatre, but even with all this space, I feel claustrophobic. It's busy here, like everywhere else in New York, but it's not as busy as I thought. I cling to Kari's arm like a lost child, but I'm not lost, not yet.

I'll see her in a week, so why am I feeling so shaky? I have a feeling something was forgotten somewhere, that something bad is about to happen. I self consciously run my left arm, a weird habit I've had since Jack slammed me with that door. I took the bandages off before we left to go get Kari's stuff from the hotel, and my arm feels empty without the extra protection.

I keep focusing on my arm to distract me from Kari, even though I'm still holding her arm.

"See you soon Kay," she says as if she'll see me the next day. A week is too long, and suddenly I wish I had enough money to leave with her. As much as I hate home, it was always better with Kari around. I don't know anything about this city except that these boys I just met are from here, that there are a lot of people here, and that most people here don't live. To me, they are hollow souls, walking around to compete for wealth and their idea of love. But none of them win, because they are hollow, and hollow souls can't hold anything but their own emptiness. And they scare me.

"See ya," I say quietly, letting go of her. Ryan and Adam give her her bags, she had to do the rest alone because were not allowed to go through security for no reason.

I feel like I should says something else but I remind myself that it's only a week. I'll see her in eight days, tops. I'll be back home wishing I stayed in New York longer, but I won't fully grasp that feeling until I get back home for real. When I realise I have to work another four years so I can get enough money to travel to the next city, which in my plan book, is London. My heart threatens to explode with the thought of being a lifeless soul for four years just to really live only for another week.

I watch Kari walk away until she's out of my vision, and by then Jack is lightly placing his hand on my shoulder, saying we should go eat something to one of his brothers.

I walk beside them, but I feel like I shouldn't be here. I feel like, even though I'm surrounded by three guys who are apparently my 'friends', and even though I'm in an airport full of people, I am alone. Kari has been the only one to party understand me, an now she's not here to translate my strange ways. I feel lost.

"It's only a week Kay," I hear one of then say, but I'm not looking, and I don't know them well enough yet to know the small differences in their voices.