Chapter 21

Songs:

English Love Affair- by 5SOS(OH mY GoD THiS sOnG)

Papaoutei- by Stromae (it's French? Idk omg where do I find these things.)

Yesterday- by The Beatles

Peaks- by Speak

(Habits) Stay High- by Tove Lo

·····KAYS POV·····

I woke up with the sun shining directly into my face, warm and blinding all at once. The first thing I felt other than that was hunger, clawing at my insides. On instinct I reached over with my hand, searching for Jack, but when I reached out all the way I felt nothing. I turned my head and slowly opened my eyes to see the crumpled sheets thrown back and his pillow on the floor.

I groaned as I got up, stretching my arms out in front of me, my stomach growling. Jack wasn't anywhere in the room, so I decided to just go to the kitchen since that was actually the only room I knew how to get to without getting lost.

As I walked I combed my fingers through my hair to straighten it out a bit incase someone saw me. I didn't even care about what I looked like anymore, I was just too hungry. I hated those days when no matter what you ate you were always hungry, and I knew today would be one of those days because I felt like I was starving already.

No one else was in the kitchen, so I helped myself, once again, to some orange juice, and I also made some toast. Because toast.

After I ate four pieces of delicious perfectly toasted toast, I got bored and ended up going back to jacks room. As I guessed, he wasn't there, so I walked around a bit more, hoping I wouldn't lose myself, but I eventually got to the room that I was supposed to be staying in. It was pointless giving me a room anyway, I was only here for one more night and I'd probably spend it in Jacks room anyway.

I took my time getting dressed and combing my hair, feeling like I should actually tour the city today or something but not really feeling up to it. Honestly I felt at home here in New York, and who tours their home? You just stumble around until you find what you need. I just wish I could stay here for a few more weeks.

After an hour of doing literally nothing I decided to just go back to Jacks room. Even though it looked exactly the same as the room I had, it felt more comfortable to know that someone actually lived there.

As soon as I'm in the room, alone still, I pick up that book that his ex-girlfriend left there, Wither, and start reading where I left off last time. By the time I hear from anyone I'm over halfway through the book, and beside not talking to anyone all morning, I'm annoyed that I was interrupted by the knocking at the door.

"Kay? You in here?" I hear Ryan's voice. I groan, my voice slightly raspy from not using it enough this morning. I keep reading until I'm done the paragraph even though Ryan comes in anyway and stands there watching me. When I'm done I look up at him with curiosity.

"Kay," he says tiredly.

"Ryan," I whine, frowning because he interrupted me.

"We looked everywhere for you, why are you in here?" He asks, his expression halfway between confused and amused, as if he can't decide.

"I don't know, I wanted to read. Jack has books, apparently," I lie, and I can't help but be proud at my amazing lying skills. I don't want Ryan knowing that I actually slept in here last night, he'll turn it into something he knows it's not.

"Weird. Anyway, we were in a meeting of sorts," he says slowly, carefully, like if he said the wrong thing everyone would know and he'd get punished.