The Letter

No POV.

Phoenix opened the chest the tripple tailed dragon gave her. She had no clue what could be in it, but as soon as she saw what the chest contained she got confused. Three pieces of paper rolled up, and sealed with some rope. That wasn't the only thing Phoenix saw, on every piece of paper stood a name. 3 names she knew all to well.
Viggo.
Ryker.
And Phoenix...
This got her even more curious. She picked up the piece of paper with ther name, it felt heavier then it should have been. Slowly she pulled at the rope untill it got loose. The paper unfurled.
"No way..." Phoenix said as she saw what made the paper heavy. A Dragon Eye lens. Sol got curious too, and walked up to his rider to see what was going on. Now Phoenix was distacted by the lens, she forgot about the paper itself. Sol nudged her the hand that still held on to the paper. Phoenix who got out of her daze saw what the dragon was looking at started reading the letter itself

Dear Phoenix,

If you are reading this letter, then that must mean the illness I had was fatal. There are a lot of things I have been wanting to tell and ask you. And one thing I've been itching to tell you is the reason I left.
When I saw you in the forest the day the chief send you out to kill, I wanted to make sure you were okay. I followed, and the thing I saw was something that changed my perspective on dragons. I set out to find out more about them. I learned and studied them and even got to know one. If you are here that might mean you've met him. His kind is called the Tripple Stryke and Skystryke is his name.
I'm sorry I never came back, but after what I saw that day, I knew I could never return and bare to kill them to protect us. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you why. I'll leave all my dragon knowledge with you, especially this lens. If you know how to use it, It'll show you everything about your new friend. The Sand Wraith, that you decided to help and befriended that one special day.

I hope you can forgive me for this, Phoenix.

-Your Father, Lyall Griffin Grimborn.

Yes she might have been mad, sad and heartbroken when her father left, but this letter put her mind at peace. It's just like the relief she felt when she saw Viggo alive, but yet she got fueled with anger right after. Her father left because of a single thing she did to try and be different. But it wasn't because he was dissapointed or in utter denial that wat she did was possible, on the contrary, he believed that what she did could be a way of living and wantes to know all about it. Or atleast that what she could figuere out from the letter. And now with the gift her father left her, she could find out so much more herself. Including so much more information about her friend, the Sand Wraith.
Phoenix just sat there for a moment, and just thought on what her next action was going to be. That's when she realized her dad left two more letter, Ryker... and Viggo..!
"Oh Gods! Hiccup!" Phoenix immediately began to panic. What was her lunatic brother up to!? Are they ok? Wait they? Why would she care for Viggo? She should just be worried for Hiccup and Toothless. Should she?
"Aaaahhhrrrgg... " Phoenix groaned of frustration. Why couldn't life just be normal for once?
"Sol what should I do? Go back to the Edge? Maybe Hiccup got back already! If not we're going to find him... right?" She said looking at the dragons who were watching her. She had so much doubt in her mind about what was right and what not. But the determinded looks she got from both Sol and the now named Triple Stryke, Skystyke, got her back on her feet.
"Okay! Thanks you guys. Now let's get going! Skystryke, show us the way back to Defenders Island please, from there we'll go to Dragons Edge!" Phoenix said determined and turned to the exit where the sky blue dragon already stood to lead the way.
"Oh, wait!" Phoenix said as she turned back for a second. She grabbed the letter with her name and the Dragon Eye lens. A little part of her still had faith in her brother, so in little time she had she grabbed the letter that read the name Viggo.
"Can't forget the lens now, would we?" She said with a small smile on her face. She took one last look at the cave, trying to remember every single detail before she left, not knowing if she would ever have the chance to return.
Now they were running trough the cave, Sol hot on Phoenix' tail. There was a blinding light when she got near the entrance of the cave, not even caring if she would fall Phoenix jumped and before she knew it they where up in the foggy sky again.

A little later at Defenders Island.

"So you mean to tell us you found, the island your fater has lived on?" Mala asked looking at the girl standing in front of her.
"Well, Skystryke lead the way. He showed me the cave where he and dad lived." Phoenix said excited.
"Wait, Skytryke?" Throk said being curious about this, Skystyke person.
"His dragon. Throk, Mala, meet Skytryke." Phoenix said petting her fathers dragon.
"And thats not the only thing I found." Phoenix added showing them the new Dragon eye lens.
"You should get this to Hiccup and the other riders.
"That's why I'm here. I didn't know how to get back to the Edge from my dad's island, since it's surrounded by fog. But from here, I know the way. So, goodbye Mala, Throk." Phoenix said bowing a little and mounting Sol.
"What about Skystryke, Phoenix?" Throk asked reaching his hand out to the dragon. Skystryke reached out to him to.
"What about it, boy? Want to come, or stay?" Phoenix asked looking at the dragon. He stared back, before nuzzeling her face. Shortly after walking back to Throk and nudging him. Phoenix chuckled.
"I think you might have a new friend Throk. He likes ya!" Phoenix said looking at the queens guard suprised face. Mala smiled, happy for her guard. That's when Phoenix and Sol took to the sky.
"Byeee!" Phoenix screamed happily.
"You are always welcome to return!" Mala yelled at the shrinking dot in the distance.

. . .

Hey guy,
Phantom here!

Thanks to my friend who wanted me to continue after I had lost my interest a little. Reason is: writing a chapter based on a episode, and rewatching the whole episode again and again is no fun. So maybe let me know if you guys really interested and really want me to continue. For now I'll try and update more often. Have a nice day!

-Your friendly Ghost Fox.