Bury the hatchet

Phoenix POV

"Let's hope veryone is okay at the Edge. They should be, right? They never sent a Terror. I hope Hiccup is back already... Viggo... I don't know what to think of him. Hiccup is smart he..." Sol cut off my ranting with a growl.
"Yeah, I'll shut up. They are fine." I said laying down on the dragons back taking a deep breath. I pet the dragons side when there was a deeper more menacing growl from the dragon below me.
"What's up Sol?" I said softly. He didn't stop growling, this got me to sit up right again. Thats when I saw 2 dots on the horizon.
"Dragons." I said taking a closer look. The sun was setting already. Good thing she was close to the Edge already. But what she saw concerned her a little.
"Riders... Dragon riders?" I said. Could that be Hiccup? But who's the other one?
"Come on boy, let's see whats going on. Be careful though." I said leaning closer to Sol's head. Gaining more speed we blended in with the clouds and sunset. Getting closer the figures got more detailed. That's Hiccup for sure... but who's that with him? I got as close as she could. That doesn't look good... He looks unconscious the way he's on his dragon. Face against that... Skrill?
"Hiccup!" I decided to say breaking our cover, it's not like the injured person could do much anyway.
"Oh Phoenix! Thank Odin you are here." Hiccup said shocked. He didn't realize that there was anyone near him but the Skrill and that person.
"You might not like it, but im going to need your help. Viggo..." Hiccup began as he looked at the Skrill but I cut him off.
"Viggo! No way? Why is he even with you!" Phoenix said with a mixture of worry and anger. Curse her mixed emotions.
"I'll explain everything after we get him to the Edge and fixed up. All those arrows can't be good." Hiccup said trying to calm me down.
"You better!" I said before they shot off to the Edge that was getting closer by the second.

No POV

It was a close call but Viggo's shallow breathing had finnaly evened out as he fell asleep. Fishlegs and Phoenix had treated him as best as they could. Phoenix might not have been on good terms with him, but that didn't mean she had the right to let him die. Fishlegs and Phoenix walked out of the little infermary they had. Hiccup stood outside waiting with their dragons.
"Thanks for helping him guys. He..." Hiccup got cut off once more that day by Phoenix.
"Save it for tomorrow. I'll bring that Skrill to the stables before I'll head to my hut." Phoenix said a little annoyed.
"Come on Sol." Phoenix said waving for her dragon to come.
"You too, big fella." Phoenix said walking up to the Skrill. She held out her hand and the Skrill made contact with her. The tension of the skrill seemed to lessen as he followed the girl and Sand Wraith.
"Unlike Phoenix, I actually want an explanation now, Hiccup." Fishlegs said.
"The others probably want to hear it to" He added.
"Yes, but it's late. We should go to get some sleep. I'll promise the explain everything when everyone is awake." Hiccup said yawning afterwards to prove his point.
"Yeah... you're right. Goodnight, Hiccup." Fishlegs answered.
"Night, Fish" Hiccup said as they both walked to their own huts.

The mext morning everyone had breakfast together. Viggo was still at the infermary, resting and healing. When the silence became to much for Astrid she broke it and asked:
"So, why is Viggo here, Hiccup?"
This got all the riders to look at Hiccup in anticipation. And so he began the story.

"... And that's when he got on our dragons and fled." Hiccup said finishing the story. Throughout the story questions were asked, but there was a short silence after.
"But why was Phoenix with you?" Fishlegs decided to ask after a minute of silence. Phoenix, who hadn't asked a single question during the story, decided to answer.
"Because I had just left Defenders Island to get back here, to tell you guys what I've seen. When flying back I saw 2 figures that turned out to be Hiccup and Viggo..." Phoenix said trailing off at her brothers name.
"Since we are all here anyway, what did you want to tell us?" Astrid asked curious.
"Well, Skystryke..." Phoenix began but was cut of immediately.
"Skystryke?" Snotlout said questioning.
"My fathers dragon... wanted me to follow him. We flew into this really thick fog surrounded island." Phoenix said being cut off by another rider.
"The island from the map?" Fishlegs asked excited.
"Yes! My father and Skytryke lived there. He studied them. He wrote everything down. He especially was intrested in Sand Wraiths." Phoenix excitement toned down when she remembered the next part.
"He also left me and my brothers these letters... He knew that he was going to die and left a letter explaining why he left. But he left me something extra." Phoenix said reaching for the lens that was contained in the letter. She held it up for the others to see.
"He wrote that this lens contained knowledge on the Sand Wraith." She finished by giving Hiccup the lens.
"You want me to get the Dragon Eye?" Fishlegs asked as the sad mood in the room got replaced by excitement from the two 'dragon geeks'.
"Yes, Phoenix will you help us?" Hiccup asked looking at her with a smile. This got Phoenix to give a small smile of her own.
"I'll help you. But first I have to leave this letter with my brother." She said holding up the letter.

Phoenix left the main hut, Sol, who was eating outside with the other dragons, followed her.
"Hey boy, how was your fish?" She asked. A happy growl came from the sand dragon.
"I'm just going leave this letter with Viggo." As she said the name, the Skrill also left the fish to follow.
"Guess you want to see how he's doing don't you?" She asked the lightning dragon. A concerned growl was heard. This got Phoenix to start walking again.
The infirmary was on the other side of the Edge near Fishlegs hut. Since he was the only one, before she came, who had the basic knowledge on healing and herbs. Phoenix was kind of shocked when she saw her brother staring at her when she walked in.
"Hello sister." Viggo's raspy voice said.
"Uhm, hey..." Phoenix said awkwardly.
The Skrill had gotten in too and got closer to Viggo. Viggo pet the former ferocious looking dragon, who now purred in delight.
"This is for you... Dad wrote it." Phoenix said after staring at the dragon for a while. Viggo looked kind of shocked. Before he opened the letter Phoenix told him:
"You know, after hearing what happened with you and Hiccup, a part of me hopes I'm going to be able to trust you once again. It might take me a while. Loyalty is key for me to be able to trust. Lose it and you might not be able to find it again... I hope you're able to gain my loyalty again." Then she walked to the door of the infirmary. She stopped at the door when Viggo spoke again.
"Thank you Nix... I hope we'll be able to reform our bond. And I'll begin with just that, gaining your loyalty by giving you mine." He said with a smile  on his half burned face. Phoenix head turned with a tiny smile of her own.
"Let's hope." She said before she got out of sight.

. . .