So this is THE king? Part 2

"Dragons keep suprising me." Phoenix said as she walked in the main hut of the Edge. Everyone was seated already. They had just gotten back after getting the titan wing Drammilion to use its own fire. It wasn't an easy task. It was like playing charades.
"I don't know how you did it, but I guess you are just like Hiccup when it's about dragons" Astrid said looking up at Phoenix.
"No, I'm not. I was just lucky he was intrested in Sol's actions." Phoenix said while blushing at the compliment. There was a short silence.
"Sooo... Anyway. Berserker island?" Phoenix said breaking the silence.
"It's an allied island, like the Defenders of the Wing, they live with dragons. Their chief is Dagur the Deranged." Fishlegs started explaining.
"That girl I told you about." Astrid added.
"Heather, right?" Phoenix guessed.
"Yeah, that's his sister." Astrid said with a smile.
"Guy's? Let's get back to the reason why we even need to go there." Hiccup said kind of worried.
"Yes, right. Contine." Astrid said back to a serious expression.
"Well, I think we should go as fast as we can. I'll send out a Terror mail to the Berserkers. We'll leave first thing in the morning. We don't know what'll happen but we need to be prepared for everything." Hiccup said. Everyone nodded and took off. But Astrid decided to stay a little longer with Hiccup.
"I think you're not telling us something. C'mon, you know I won't leave till I've heard it." Astrid said stern yet concerned.
"Ugh... Yes, you're right. Okay... you win. I'm not sure, but I... I think I might have seen a dragon flyer." Hiccup murmurd.
"And that's the reason you need us to be sharp and concentrated? Because you think they are going to follow and attack us?" Astrid questioned, even though she knew she was right.
"You guessed it." Hiccup said with a half-hearted laugh.
"Don't worry babe. We've got this. You, me, the gang, the Berserkers. Everyone." Astrid said in an effort to comfort Hiccup.
"But it doesn't make sense! From the way Viggo and I got out of there... Not many people should have made it out." Hiccup said with a frown.
"Have I ever told you you worry to much? Cause if I haven't then I have now. We WILL get to that Dragon King firts. Now please, write that letter and get to bed." Astrid said. Before she left she kissed Hiccup in a last attemp to calm his nerves.
"Goodnight, babe." She said as she left for her hut.
"Night, Astrid." Hiccup said smiling.

The next day everyone was up before the crack of dawn... Well almost everyone.
"Snotlout... Snotlout? Snotlout! SNOTLOUT!" Phoenix screamed as she tried to wake up the Nightmare rider.
"Huh! what? Attack? I'm up! I'm up!... Oh, hey Phoenix. PHOENIX?! What are you doing in here?" Snotlout said wiping some drool from his face while trying to act flirty.
"We have to go! So get out of bed, you don't have long." Phoenix said before leaving and mumbling a 'why me'.
She walked out to find her dragon, who had been waiting for her.
"Since we have to wait for Snotlout I'll grab some extra arrows. You coming with me Sol?" Phoenix asked the dragon who gave a happy growl as awnser. It didn't take long for her to the waiting group. Snotlout had just arrived and to her surprise her brother was there too.
"Viggo? You... are going to join us?" Phoenix said hesitating a bit.
"It's the least I can do." Viggo said in his usual tone. No doubt he feels a lot better.
"Is everyone ready?" Hiccup asked. A bunch of 'yes-es' and 'let's go's' could be heard.
"Okay, let's get going!" Hiccup said before Toothless took off and took the lead.

One trip through the fog later, they finally arrived at Berserker island. Dagur and Heather were already waiting near the stables. They took on a defensive pose at the sight of the 2 extra riders. When they noticed one was Viggo, things didn't get better. The riders landed and it didn't take long for the Berserker siblings to run at the former dragon hunter.
"WHOA, hold on!" Hiccup said as he noticed what was going on. The Skrill had taken  a defensive position too, yet he didn't attack at the sight of the Razorwhip and Triple Stryke.
"I'm going to need a real good explanation, brother." Dagur said using Hiccup's 'nickname'.
"He's with us. He's not with the hunters anymore. We can tell the whole story later. Also meet Phoenix, Viggo's sister. We'll... also explain that later." Hiccup said pointing to Phoenix, who waved shyly.
"So you are telling me one Grimborn died, and... there is another? Just like that?" Dagur said a little confused.
"Like I said, we'll explain later. We don't expect you to trust him, now or ever. Just don't kill him, for the love off Thor." Hiccup said hoping they will lower their weapons.
"You know, I haven't been able to trust Viggo either untill a few days ago. And he's been proving that he really is trying to change." Phoenix said.
"And we are supposed to trust you?" Heather said pointing her weapon in Phoenix direction.
"No, I guess not..." Phoenix said with a sigh.
"Can we get back to the reason we are here? Heather, Dagur, you just have to trust us on this one. And Heather, I think you might like Phoenix. She's amazing with that bow." Astrid said with a little smile.
"I don't like wan't to interrupt and all, but we might want to fight them, not each other?" Tuffnut said looking at the sky.
"Who's th... Ohh my Thor, I knew it!" Hiccup said with a frown."
"Okay everyone, I might have an idea on where the king might be and why our dragons don't want to go near that mountain." Hiccup said hastily.
"You mean, since this dragon uses it's mind to control dragons, that that's the reason?" Fishlegs said fascinated.
"Indeed it is, Fishlegs." Viggo said confirming the theory.
"Hiccup, you go and search for the king, we'll hold them off." Astrid said.
"No I can't leave you like that." Hiccup tried to reson.
"No Hiccup, we have 4 extra men. We will stand our ground." Astrid said pointing at the 2 pairs of siblings.
"No, I think it's 6 now." Ruffnut said pointing at the incoming Triple Stryke.
"Skystryke!" Phoenix said happily.
"Mala, Throk! Thank you for coming!" Hiccup said as the Defenders got off the dragon.
"You didn't just send a letter to Heather and Dagur did you?" Astrid aksed her boyfriend.
"It's not just the Defenders, the Wingmaidens too." Hiccup said scratching his neck.
"We've waited around for long enough. Hiccup, you should get going. We'll hold them off." Viggo said with an impressed look on his face. He really thought this through well, as expected.
"Viggo? What is he doing here?" Throk said as he drew his weapon to protect the queen.
"He's with us, well explain later. Now let's go!" Astrid said as she jumped in Stormfly's saddle and flew off.

"Okay Bud, let's find that king and help our friends as fast as we can." Hiccup said as he ran into a cave.
"Have you found it yet?" A raspy voice said. Krogan.
"N-no... sir, but we'll find it soon." A scared voice answered.
"You better. Remember who's in charge now. Dissapoint me and it won't end well." Krogan's raspy voice awnsered.
"Y-yes, sir." The sacred voice said before running away.
"In charge? What about Johann?" Hiccup whispered to himself.
"Priorities... Gotta get that king first. C'mon, bud." Hiccup said before running off again. Toothless hot on his trail.

"Nix! Watch out!" Viggo said as he saw a blast of fire getting closer to his sister. She barely dodged it.
"That was a close one, thanks." She said as she went into battle again.
"Oh you are going to be the death of me sister..." Viggo said to himself.
A little closer to the island Snotlout got himself in a tight spot untill.
"Hey, Snotlout!" A girl with silver wings said as she helped him out.
"Minden! Thank Thor!" An overjoyed Snotlout said. They shared a little moment before Minden said awkwardly:
"Maybe we should head back into battle and help the others?"
"Yeah... yeah, you're right, babe." Snotlout said in a loving tone. This got Minden to blush. It didn't take long bofore they got attacked and had to get back in battle.

With sword and shield in hand, Hiccup moved through the cave system that seemed to be covered in ice. He had just gotten separated from Toothless, and told him to go around. Hiccup himself decided to continue the search and had just entered a big, hollow part of the mountain.
He looked around but what he saw wasn't what he, let's just say eggspected.
"Oh, my Thor. The King of Dragons has laid an egg?" He said shocked. Deciding it would be best to take it, he tried to pick it up careffully.
"Be carefull, wouldn't want it to crack now would we." The familliar raspy voice said.
"Krogan! How are you still alive?" Hiccup questioned as he heard the voice.
"Let's just say... I'm not as hard to break as that egg." He said with a smirk. It didn't take long for Krogan to dash at Hiccup, ready to attack.
"Where is Viggo?" Hiccup said as he blocked one of the attacks. He held the egg carefully and held it out of Krogans reach.
"Let's just say he won't bother us anymore." Krogan said, not in the mood for talking. Hiccup didn't have long to be shocked since he lost balance and dropped the egg. It rolled to the edge and fell. Hiccup not wanting to lose it dove after it. Krogan thought he had just gotten rid of the dragon rider, was just about to leave and get the egg later with one of their Singetails. But he stopped when he heard the sizzling sound of ice, fire and a blade.
"Oh no you don't!" He said before kicking Hiccup down again. This time he really thought he'd finished him, but even this time he failed. The familliar Night Fury whistle was heard and Hiccup couldn't contain his excitement and yelled in excitement.
"Yeahhh!!! Thank you Toothless! Now where is Krogan?" He said as he searched for the hunter who had ran when the whistle was heard.
"How about we try and hunt down the hunter?" He asked his dragon who gave a confirming growl in response.

Hiccep got out off the cave with the egg in his hands, he was unable to find the hunter. He decided to help the others and flew up. He was ready to join the fight, but that was proven useless as multiple hunters yelled retreat and the ships and dragonflyers left the shore of Berserker island.
"Hiccup! Have you found him?" Fishlegs said spotting the black dragon and his rider. Hiccup held the egg up in response.
"So... that is THE king? An egg?" Tuffnut said weirded out.
"So... we went into one of our biggest battles yet, to find this egg that an supposedly control all dragons?" Ruffnut added.
"THAT'S SO COOL, CAN WE HAVE IT?!" The twins yelled together.
"No... you can not have it, we need to get it somewhere safe." Hiccup said stern.
"We can help with that. We know someone who has the perfect place." Atali said joining in on the conversation.

. . .

Oh... My... Gods... almost 2000 words. I hope you enjoyed this extra long chapter. I'd be so happy if I was able to reach 1000 reads before new year. For now Happy holidays and may your dreams come true.

- Lots of 'friendly' love, your holiday ghost Fox.