One

On the grounds of the McClain family's house lies a small alien pod. A baby laid in the blue and white pod while young children ran around the area.

"You go hide!" A young squeaky voice told their sibling, "Okay!" a brown haired child ran towards the forests borderline. As she ran, she tripped over an unseen rock and tumbled, falling face first into the blue and white pod. "Claire?" Claire's older brother helped her to a stand, hearing the impact of her hitting the pod.

"What's that?" Claire rubbed her forehead and her brother Leo walked over to the pod. The pod released steam as the top opened and the two siblings stared at it in shock. The baby that's in the pod started crying and the siblings looked at each other, before looking back at the baby.

Leo leaned over the edge and stared at the white haired baby. The babies cries grew quite as Leo came into his vision. "Hey, hey, it's okay" Leo softly told the baby and lifted the child into his arms, cradling it. "What do we do?" Claire asked , "We'll bring them to Mama" Leo told Claire. The two walked back to the two story house. Claire held open the door for Leo and they walked into the house. "Mama" Leo called out to the Cuban woman, "Yes, mijo(Son)?" Maria paused from cutting the carrots and turned to her children. "We found a baby outside, in a spaceship type thing" Claire told her. "Extraña(Weird)" Maria took the child from Leo's arms, examining the child.  

"What should we do?" Leo asked Maria, "We'll take him in" she told her son. "What's his name?" Maria sat down at the table. "I don't know" Leo smiled fondly at the young child, "Until we find his name, he will be Lance" Maria smiled as Lance opened his eyes and smiled at the woman in front of him. 

"Lance, Lance McClain"

Published, 08/05/2018

Edited, 05/11/2020