Nine

Darkness surrounded Lance as he laid in the void. Confused, he sat up, but only saw darkness. "We need to send him off" A deep voice echoed around, "Where sir?" a different voice, but not as deep, asked; sounding afraid. "Somewhere far away" The first voice said again.

"Yes sir" The second voice replied to the first and it went silent again. "Hello?" Lance called out, but revived silence. A room with baby blue walls and a sleeping baby laid inside of a crib. Lance walked up to the crib and the baby had tan skin with crystal blue eyes and pure white hair. A tall male with long hair and a beard came in with a man that looked like a slightly younger Coran.

The men walked over to the crib and the taller man picked up the sleeping baby. "What should we do with Jace, King Alfor?" Alfor looked sadly down at his son, "We need to send him off" and Alfor and the other man walked to the center control room. "Where sir" Coran-look-alike asked, "Somewhere far away" Alfor replied.

"I'll go get Allura" The Coran-look-alike ran out of the room, appearing back with Allura, her eyes puffy as if she was crying. "May I hold him?" Allura inquired, Alfor nodded, handing the small child to Allura.

Lance bit his lip as he watched the tear-jerking scene. Allura kissed her brother's forehead and the baby smiled at her, "Goodbye, Jace, until we meet again" Allura handed Jace back to Alfor. Alfor placed Jace into a baby blue and white pod and pushed some buttons.

"He shall going somewhere far away, he will cryo-freeze until someone nears the pod" Alfor said and the pod shot off into space. The scene faded away and darkness came back to Lance.

Lance's face itched and a mirror appeared in front of him and he saw the Altean markings with white hair. The markings glowed and a name appeared on the mirror 'Jace' and the name burning into Lance's neck, making him gasp in pain. He lightly grazed his fingers over to name and furrowed his eyes in confusion, "Wake up my son".

Lance shot up with a gasp, he shot out of bed and rushed to the mirror, and saw the name Jace on his neck, like a tattoo. He still had brown hair and no markings under his eyes though. "What is this meaning, am I Jace?" He questioned as he rubbed his face. "Better get ready for the day" Lance told himself while grabbing an outfit.

427 Words

Published, 09/14/2018

Feedback?

Hope you're enjoying the story!