Chapter 14

My'Angel POV

Once again I was up by myself in the kitchen. I looked over at the time on the clock. Knowing Dave he won't be up for another 30 minutes. With nothing to do and no one to talk to, I let my mind flow back to the events of last night.

Taking a sip of my coffee, I smiled. One thing I've noticed about Dave is that he pays attention to small detail. When you think he's not listening he is. Like the fact that he remembered me telling him about the carnival.

My smile slowly started to fade as I thought of some of the secrets that I was keeping from him. Not that I wanted to keep those things hidden, it's just hard to talk about.

I played with the engagement ring that sat comfortably on my right hand. Twirling it around my fingers and watching the sunlight dance on it. My phone ringing brought me out of my daze.

Besty💙 would like to FaceTime...

"Hey bestie how are you on this fine morning", Ciara said.

"It's going good so far. What has you so happy this morning?" I propped my phone on the countertop and started making breakfast.

"I can't just be happy", she said innocently.

I stopped cracking eggs and looked her dead in the face.

"Hunny you are a nurse that had to be up at 6:00 this morning after getting off of work at 12:00 last night. So explain why you so happy."

"Okay." The camera changed to the ceiling as she walked through the hospital. After a little more rumbling noises the camera was back on Ciara who looked like she was sitting in a storage closet.

"Bitch I got some bomb ass dick last night and before work this morning", she squealed.

"Okay sis. But from who is the question." The phone went silent. I placed a hand on my hip.

"Who was it cee?"

"Juggie", she mumbled.

"Bitch speak the fuck up cuz I don't think I heard you right."

"Juggie, Jerome. Yes we fucked last night and yes boo it was good." Instead of saying anything I continued cooking. Ciara was a hard lover. When she loved she did it hard and unconditionally. I don't want to see her heart broken, but she's a grown woman so I can't tell her what decisions to make.

"Well I'm glad that put some pep in ya' step", I said sarcastically with a smirk on my face.

"So what goes on with you and Dave." A smile immediately spread across my face. Ciara clapped her hands,

"Ooh I see that smile. Guess I'm not the only person getting they cookies crumbled."

"Dave isn't crumbling anything over here."

"Dave ain't crumblin' what." My head snapped in the direction of Dave standing in the doorway of the kitchen with basketball shorts and no shirt on.