Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Bella's POV

The rest of the week seemed to go by so fast, the weekend just went by in a breeze. I made Alice promise to keep what happened Wednesday night a secret, I wanted him to think what happened that night had felt like a dream for me. She almost revealed the truth, when I told the others the what started to be a wonderful dream turned into a disappointing one. Alice was about to reveal I was lying to Edward by whispering, but I shut her up by nailing her in the stomach with my elbow. She glared at me, but she remained silent. I sent her a look that if she told him I knew it wasn't a dream I was going to hunt her down and make her pay, so she never revealed the truth that I know of anyway. Edward still sneaked in through my window every night, I still let him hold me in his arms because I found his embrace comforting.

Alice smiled brightly at me as I woke up Monday morning, she said, “Good morning, Bella. Did you sleep well?” I replied, “Yes.” Then I asked, “When did Edward leave?” She responded, “About five minutes ago, he really didn't want to leave. I warned him you would be waking up soon and that he wouldn't want you to find him in bed with you.” I told her, “The jokes on him, I already know and I enjoy it.” Alice laughed and said, “Okay, go take a shower, then I'll bandage your back.” I replied, “Okay, Alice.” I got out of bed and grabbed some undergarments, before I headed into the bathroom to take a shower. I removed my bandage while I showered and tossed it to the floor, my stomach began to hurt.

All of a sudden I vomited, when I looked down I realized I had threw up blood. I began to panic because I knew that wasn't good, then I hurled up some more blood again. I clutched my hand to my stomach and began to wonder what was wrong with me, I just hoped I would just stop throwing up blood. A few minutes passed by and my stomach began to settle, the blood got washed down the drain and disappeared. I continued showering and washed my own blood off of me, then let the pressure of the water run over my wounds. Then I jumped out of the shower and dried off, before putting on my undergarments and headed back to my bedroom.

Alice asked as I entered my bedroom, “Are you alright, Bella? You look paler than usual.” I reassured her, “I'm fine, Alice.” I could tell she didn't believe me, but she didn't say a word and began bandaging my back. Once she was done she headed downstairs to make me something to eat, I think she just wanted to stay to make sure I was okay. I got dressed as fast as I could and put on a little make-up because of how pale I looked. I was scared to death because I had hurled up blood, which I knew wasn't a very good thing at all. I planned on seeing Carlisle, if I continued to continued to throw up blood over the next few days....

Suddenly Mike Newton pushed me against the lockers with a evil grin on his face, I just wanted to get away from him. I quickly came up with an idea and said, “Do you have any idea who my father is?” He growled, “I don't care that your father is the chief of police.” My idea had been crushed in a second, then a new one came to mind. I snarled out, “If you don't leave me the hell alone I'll have Emmett kick your ass!” Mike replied, “That doesn't scare me.” Then I heard Emmett say only a few feet away from us, “How about I kick your ass right now, Newton?” Mike let out a girlish scream and ran away as fast as a he could, I just laughed at him because he tripped a few times as he ran down the hall. Emmett commented, “He screams like a girl.” I replied, “I know.”

All of a sudden I felt the need to throw up again, I grabbed the garbage can that was near me and I threw up for the third time today. I felt cold hands at the nape of my neck and moved my hair out of the way, I knew it was Emmett because there was no electric shock. He asked, “Are you throwing up blood? It smells so foul.” I replied, “Yes, I guess that means you don't find my blood appetizing.” He asked, “What are you talking about, Bella?” I straightened up and said as Rosalie was approaching, “I know the family secret, all of you guys are vampires.” Rosalie asked, “How do you know, Bella?” I answered, “I had been raped by two vampires back in Phoenix, they had red eyes.” Then I turned to vomit in the garbage can again, I just wished I could just stop throwing up blood.