Epilogue

The last court case ended as such: Acacia's parents had been quiet for so long that such an adventure took all dreams and ruminations of rebuilding Domain and reuniting the torn empires back to the forefront.

Mrs. Alexander addressed Daphne and the judge. "I have been left out of the will too, Judge! I was supposed to be next in line, but my mother here wanted too much protection for me and for the longest time I hadn't known my ancestors, but thankfully! —thankfully, Daphne's not dead!" Acacia was offended, although not embarrassed, that her mom digressed over the will again when Acacia's mind had already jumped so far ahead to the future and dreams, but her mom added, "I can rightfully pay for college without the will! Acacia! Come restart the fishery."

"But— Acacia began to protest.

"Tourists will come bargaining and I know your friends like to hang out there!"

"But—what about the other's in town?" Acacia was not about to insult the family business but she thought the business needed more than a fresh start, and however much the Alexander's denied Acacia's aging, it kept up with the stress hairs greying on her parent's foreheads. "You said—"

She was almost about to say, "You said that the fishery is strong by itself and you won't mind if I had to stop for a while to study all-nighters."

"I don't know what I said!" Mrs. Alexander shook and clipped at the beginnings of a wail. "But you can't help others unless you help yourself. The fishery is the center of Domain's town economy."

The emotion, foreign to Mrs. Alexander's personality, made Acacia stoop back into her pew but speak more forcefully, "Mom, I know...I know Daphne had shortcomings as queen, but unification is forthcoming for the two empires, not just for us, and I can take care of the business. If only you respect your past choice, Mom, while respecting Grandmother's and mine. I can restart the fishery while serving as mayor," she turned to the jurors and audience, "And as your queen, courtroom."

However forceful the words fought out, Acacia had the sense her thoughts were too scattered to sink in. She wanted to add more to clarify but Danika's gavel woke them into existence. Entire courtroom sped into murmurings.

"E-nough! As much as I'd not like to misjudge Ms. Acacia Stephanopoulos Alexander based on her grandmother's shortcomings I cannot tolerate these interruptions and rants in my courtroom, nonetheless, in my presence." Danika urged that Acacia was not to be judged but Acacia silently judged the official's cool fury. Danika Pierce's outrage rivaled the Alexander's and made the Judge seem less distant, especially with the motherly scold using her middle name. Once upon a time, Acacia asked her mother to flip her middle and last name when she started kindergarten but Mrs. Alexander brushed off the innocent question and shuttered as if it were a curse.

Judge Pierce asked one of the Elders of the Old World to rise with an attempt to return to a polite tone, "I give Ivovan the floor."

"I cannot, Your Honor, change your laws, thus I cannot choose them but I wish not to follow them because in our country, in our world, there doesn't need to be a full consensus between all the elders because we have too many elders to consent. It's up to Daphne and Daphne only—to proceed with questions. Ah! But it's only every one of us that needs questioning. I can confirm Daphne will not tell you where the will's deed is. We do not operate on deeds or written word but maybe it is Daphne who doesn't know and doesn't wish to tell us. I doubt there is a deed. Our ways aren't your ways."

Daphne shot of the pew, making Ivovan jump and all the searching, the wondering, and trust of Daphne faded away and what was revealed made them more uncertain. "I have the deed! It is unwritten! And had I known the interrogations my people would endure I would not have faked death! But no...I had not faked death...I cheated her. Acacia's deed has been Acropolis and Acropolis only, but this case has been not in vain. There is still something, Your Honor, we need to protect, and I'm still not comfortable revealing it you, but this case has been about what was given to my granddaughter on the battlefield. You may have noticed it. Once it was taken unintentionally by our new friend, Conrad. He has returned it and thus, has returned back from soil."