02 ✧ 전아름

Jeon Areum's POV

"Areum!" I turned around, seeing Jisung run over towards me. "Where are the hyungs? Weren't you just in class with them?"
"Yeah." I replied. "I went to the toilet. Can't exactly take them with me." We set off walking side by side, towards the room where I'd left the four idiots.
"Alright, TMI much?" Jisung sassed.
"Did you seriously just say T.M.I in a sentence?" I mocked, deadpanning him.

"Oh shut up." He scoffed, looking away.
"You're lucky I don't give a shit about honourifics," I began. "Otherwise you'd be dead right now."
"Don't worry noona~" He teased, knowing I don't like that word coming from his mouth. "I'm not rude."
"Why are you acting like a kid now?" I asked, causing him to send me a confused look. "I thought you were going for the grandpa look with that grey hair."

"Well if I'm the older 'grandpa' shouldn't you be calling me oppa?" He retorted, leaning down slightly and silently mocking the fact that he was taller despite his age.
"I think 'ahjussi' suits you better." I replied, causing him to scoff again.

The two of us arrived at the classroom, spotting the four dweebs and making our way over.
"Oh, Areum's back." Renjun pointed out.
"With Jisung." Jeno added.
"Where's Chenle and Mark?" Haechan asked, looking around.
"Haven't seen them." I replied. "Jisung found me on my way back."

"Let's go eat!" Jisung exclaimed. "I'm too hungry to be dealing with this."
"With what?" Renjun laughed.
"The stress of high school." He replied, and the five of us just laughed at him.
"You have no idea." Jeno scoffed, and the four boys proceeded to stand up as we made our way to the cafeteria.

"Guys!" A dolphin-like squeak could be heard from the cafeteria, and upon inspection I found Chenle sat with Mark on a long table, waving us over. The six of us sauntered over, dumping our bags before heading off to get food.

We sat eating the disgusting slop they called food, the guys complaining about some homework they got, except one.
"Earth to Maaark?" Chenle giggled, waving his hand in front of the older boy. He shook his head out of his trance, focusing his attention back on our table.
"Sorry, what was that?" He asked.

"Hmm..." Haechan smirked. "Someone was staring at Hana's table again~"
"Oh fuck off Haechan." He cursed, and we all laughed. "Just hurry up and hit puberty already."
"I already have." He retorted. "Haven't you seen this defined jawline?"
"All I see are round baby cheeks." I added, causing the other boys to laugh at my spontaneous comment.

This group of losers, who refer to themselves as 'DREAM', are the people I call my friends. Yeah, I know, they're all guys. Well, girls are just bitches. I get along with guys better anyway, they get my sense of humour: insults & sarcasm. All the girls here take me seriously and think I'm some mean bitch, when I'm not. I care for my friends. It's just, I only care for my friends.

Actually, I think I can be a little bit of a- no, quite a big bitch when it comes down to it.

Speaking of, my group is made up of three different years: Mark is the only '3rd year' in the group, then there's me, Jeno, Renjun, Haechan and Jaemin who are '2nd years', and Jisung and Chenle are '1st years'. Pretty self explanatory, right?

Mark over here has a crush on one of the popular seniors - Hana. She's not the queenka, but is in that general group, and her entire aura makes me wanna puke. Like, I get why he likes her - she's pretty, really nice, tall. It's just... her entire personality seems faked; like she's trying to be the person everybody likes instead of who she is.

Well she definitely got Mark's attention.

I don't mean this like some silly crush, I mean he's fallen head over fucking heels for her. I think they spoke maybe once or twice, but for Mark that's enough for him to decide that they're soulmates.