08 ✧ 정호석

Jung Hoseok's POV

"In the end she ran away." I sighed, "Her and her friends made a run for it, leaving the orphanage and everyone who loved them behind."
"Oh, I see." Mr. Han sighed, his hands on the desk. "I think I remember that day, when the police came round."
"Yes." I replied. "That day."

"Did you ever find a reason as to why they ran away?" He questioned.
"There were many reasons." I told him. "But there's just one that I can't stop thinking about; this one regret that keeps on spinning round and round in my head."
"And what's that?" He asked me, but I couldn't reply for a while as the memories came flooding back through my mind.

"I wish I would've just told her."

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

I was heading downstairs after sorting out a matter of a girl's lost phone when I saw Areum making her way along the corridor. She looked deep in thought, so I decided to see if she was okay.
"Hi Areum." I smiled, causing her to look up from the ground.
"Oh, hi." She smiled.
"Everything okay?" I questioned, and we stopped in the middle of the hallway.
"Yeah." She replied, shuffling her feet on the floor.

"Oh by the way," I spoke up. "Where were you last night?" Her feet stopped shuffling and she froze. "Someone claimed that you stole their pencil case, so I went looking for you but I couldn't find you."
"I was in the common room with DREAM." She told me, avoiding eye contact.
"The whole evening?"
"Yeah."

"I went there three times and you weren't there once." I told her. "Where were you really." She better not have gone to that party. She emitted a deep sigh, slouching her shoulders in defeat.
"I went to DREAM's dorm." She sighed, leaning against the wall. "We were all there."

"Areum!" I yelled out, and she looked away. "How many times have I told you not to go into boys dorms."
"We were gonna go to the common room but Jinyoung and his friends were there." She told me. "We didn't want Jaemin to get into another fight."
"That doesn't excuse the fact that you went to the boys dorm." I retorted, placing my hand up to my forehead.

"You shouldn't split up girls and boys." Areum mumbled. "It's 2018 And people are gay now."
"People have always been gay." I gave her a questioning look.
"But now they're openly gay, and trust me when I say that putting DREAM in a dorm together is not good for your 'no sex' rule because they are all gay as fu-"
"That's beside the point." I butted in, nearly rolling my eyes at her foul choice of language. "You're not allo-"

"Hoseok." My co-worker, Sungjin, interrupted me, his head poking through the door leading to the stairs. "You need to come downstairs."
"What, why?" He asked.
"It's an urgent matter." He told me, sending me a look, and I started walking over.
"I'll deal with you later." I pointed to Areum as I walked away. "You better be in your room when I get back."
"Sure thing Hobi~" She replied sarcastically, walking off to her room.

"What's wrong?" I asked Sungjin as we made our way swiftly down the stairs.
"Some kids had a fight in the cafeteria." He told me.
"Which ones?" I asked, hoping that the names in my head were the wrong ones.
"Those DREAM kids." He replied, and a deep sigh escaped my lips. "And-"
"Wanna One?" I interrupted, and he nodded. "For goodness sake."

We made it to the bottom of the stairs, but upon opening the door I noticed two policemen stood in the reception, one of them talking to Kyungja.
"You called the police?" I asked, and Sungjin shook his head in confusion. I walked over to Kyungja who was mid conversation, and asked what was going on.