06 ✧ 전아름

Jeon Areum's POV

We turned up half an hour late to the party like the cool kids we are; looking round we noticed that there was a DJ in the very large living room, and there was a free for all in the kitchen with alcoholic drinks of all kinds.
"Okay now I'm scared." Mark mumbled.
"Oh grow a pair Mark we're here now." Haechan replied, also looking quite scared himself.

"Look! Is that Jinyoung?" Jisung discreetly pointed towards the dance floor, where we in fact saw Jinyoung dancing with some of his friends.
"I knew that sly bastard wouldn't stay in." I replied. "Let's go over to the kitchen and get a drink."

The dreamies followed me into the kitchen, where a few people were stood around chatting, red cups filled with an unknown substance in their hands. Upon closer inspection we saw that the substance was being served out of a punch bowl by someone I recognised from a while ago.

"Oh hi." The man serving the punch smiled. "Are you the people Jihoon invited?"
"Yeah we are." I smiled in return. "I recognise you from the orphanage."
"Same here, but you've grown up a bit since I left." He replied. "I'm Daniel, what's your name?"
"Areum." I replied, looking up at his puppy-like face.
"You want some?" He gestured to the bowl of alcohol. "Wait, you are in Jihoon's year right?"
"Yeah." I lied. "We all are."

"Sweet, lemme get some cups." He replied, and I turned around to see that the seven boys were all having a conversation to themselves.
"Hey guys." I butted in. "If anyone asks we're third years, alright?"
"Why?" Renjun asked, but before I could reply Daniel came back with the cups.

"Here's your drinks!" He smiled, pouring the liquid in the cups and handing them out.
"Oh my god Areum." Chenle mumbled.
"Thank youuu~" Jisung sang, knowing full well that without me he wouldn't have any alcohol. We left the kitchen, finding our way back into the living room where people were dancing, and by this point I'd already drunk most of my cup, wishing to get drunk fast.

I suddenly downed the rest of my cup, grabbing onto Jisung who had also done the same, and yelled "Let's go dance!" The both of us merged ourselves in with the crowd, dancing together when Jeno, Renjun and Haechan also joined.
"Where's the others?" I asked.
"They didn't feel like dancing." Jeno replied.

After around five to ten minutes I started to feel giddy, and no I wasn't drunk at this point, just having a little bit more fun than I would've done sober. That is until Jihoon found me.
"Oh you came!" He yelled once he'd gently pushed a few people out the way to get to me.
"Yeah!" I replied. "Wouldn't miss a good party like this!" The music started to transition into a different song, and I figured that while I was here I might as well dance with Jihoon.

We danced together for the next couple of songs, and I've gotta admit it was more fun than I was expecting. Some of the dance moves weren't the most... clean... dances, but I had fun nonetheless, having a couple more shots with the third year in between songs.

"Hey," Jihoon started. "Follow me." He grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the crowd that I'd lost the DREAM members in, and led me into a hallway, away from the dance floor and dimly lit by the kitchen lights. It was kinda crowded, but there was loads of space for people to walk around. The both of us leant against the wall, catching our breath since the dancing wore us out.

"I never knew you danced so well." Jihoon smirked, turning to face me, and I did the same.
"I thought the same about you." I replied. "I enjoyed dancing a lot."
"You did?" He asked, standing up straight instead of leaning against the wall. When he did this he wobbled slightly, so I held his shoulders in my hands.