3,1) CLOUDS ADRIFT

Hi sorry for not updating sooner this week as you know my Microsoft subscription was giving me problems and I'm currently writing tests butI squeezed in the time to finish this Shikatema chapter.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Shikamaru:

I couldn't help but silently yawn in the council room of the Land of Sun, even if almost every monarchical leader was gathered around a long table.

Despite my best attempts to stay alert I leaned against the wall. Basking in the beams of light, which steamed in through a wall made entirely of windows, which only made me lazier.

Someone else would gaze at the immeasurable beauty beyond the countless glass panes and billowing balconies of the immaculate Hyuga palace especially after seeing nothing but apricot coloured sand dunes for so long- but not me.

Glass was a security risk.
The forested hills surrounding this palace obscured visibility and the heavy influence of aesthetics on the palaces architecture hindered its capability to withstand a siege.

It was my job to know these things, I thought as I gazed forward. My ears tuning on the meeting once again, in order to perform my other job.

I had but two purposes now.
To protect and advise the ruling family of the Land of Wind.

I stared directly in front of me to the wine-red hair of the youngest monarch in the room who was currently in a debate with the Hiashi Hyuga ruler of the Land of Sun.

The debate surrounded the question of whether the drafting age should be lowered from 16 to a proposed 14 for the now impending war.

Preposterous if you ask me.

Although no one was asking me. A lowly commoner like me had no place speaking in a meeting like this. Even if if my brain was currently swarming with counter-arguments to Hiashi Hyuga's statement.

Few of the world's monarchs showed traces of true benevolence and altruism these days. Amongst that minority was King Gaara-sama. He took Chouji and I in 4 years ago; only 2 years after our homeland was invaded. We were 14-year-old refugees with no family and nothing to offer him but he took us in and gave us a purpose, as if somehow seeing our potential.

"We as the Land of Wind oppose this motion," Gaara-sama stated firmly.

"Just what reason do you have to justify that and who gives you the authority-" Hiashi fumed as he was abruptly interjected.

"Do not forget who you speak with Hiashi! Gaara is a King of one of the five great nations; as am I. As such he holds equal power if not greater power than you; the sovereign of a small one!" boomed King A-sama of the Land of lightning.

Hiashi growled at the mention that he and his nation were inferior to another.

Kakashi-sama of the the Land of Fire timeously choose to speak preventing a possible fracture in our newly born alliance.
"The children are the future of the shinobi war. If inexperienced children are sent to die in the wars started by their predecessors there will be no one left. What's the point of winning peace if no one is left to savour it?"