4,4) INCHOATE ANTECEDENTS

Please read A/N

Thanks for all the votes and comments yesterday, I really appreciate it.

Sadly school started again for me today, the holidays are over, and therefore I will be switching back to monthly updates. As much as it kills me not to write my final exams are coming up in three weeks time so please be patient. This is the end of this month's chapter in advance due to the exams.

I can still read comments and messages but not write while studying.

The last book in my favourite book series titled Kingdom of Ash (tog7) also comes out at the end of this month but I'm not going to read it until my exams are over.
I'm making sacrifices for these exams I hope they pay off.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Hinata:

I sighed setting the book I was reading aside on the night stand. I desperately wanted to shift from the current uncomfortable position I was in. however I unfortunately found nothing but more pain as I tried to do so. I frowned down at my bandaged, broken leg.

I had done nothing but lay in bed reading for the past week. At least I found some comfort in knowing that no one would ever find me here. My father had likely thought that I was dead after the message the border patrol ninja had sent him.

Would he be jubilant about the news of death? Finally he had gotten rid of his useless and timorous daughter.
Or would he be lamenting and melancholic?

I had no clue. I wasn’t sure how I expected him to react. I wasn’t even sure how I wanted him to react.

I hadn't seen or heard Naruto since I'd awoken after I'd been injured. Even although this we were the only two people around for miles, he still avoided me. 
How I wished for someone to talk to––some company to alleviate the intense boredom that plagued my days.

But all that greeted me was a cacophony of deafening silence.

Even though some atavistic caution hidden deep inside me told me to stay far away from Naruto. I couldn’t. There was some enigmatic allure that pulled me towards him. That drove me into wanting to find out more about him.

Even though my common sense tried to inculcate the belief that Naruto was dangerous and abhorrent I refused to listen.   

I gazed out the window and saw that the frost outside had begun to thaw––or actually that the blizzard outside had been enveloped by a seemingly eternal sleep. Yet the snow remained.

I tried to grasp a glance of the world outside through the small window in my room, to no avail. The thick metal bars that were meant as a protective measure shredded my view apart.

As I glanced at them I couldn’t help but remember when I awoke after getting injured.

Flashback:

My eyes twitched as beams of light penetrated the curtains in my bedroom and hit the back of my eyelids. I stretched and adjust my head on the soft cushions. I wondered why none of the servant s had awoken me from my deep slumber seeing that it was clearly the midday––judging by the intensity of the sun's rays. Father would have a fit if he found out that  I was still asleep. With that last thought I shot out of bed––or at least I groaned as I attempted to. Pain surged in my muscles making my body feel stiff and ponderous. I looked around as best I could from my vantage point on the bed.