ANOTHER EPILOGUE:

[Enjoy the gif I created above🙃]

3 years later:

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Neji was lucky to have survived the war. Tenten had saved him once again. Sometimes he didn't feel so lucky.

He blamed her teasing nature for that last statement

Flashback:

Although Tenten didn't have the byakugan her infallible aim did not fail her as she wasable to pinpoint the trajectory of the pole and deflect it--slightly altering its corse.

Where it would've hit his chest it now impaled his left leg. What would've been a fatal injury was now a temporary one. One that would end his role in the battle but not end his life.

Tenten was thankful for that. If he had died now—before she had a chance to tell him—she did not know what she would do.

Her heart felt like a stone boulder in her chest as she ran to him across the battlefield. 

Her hand rested on his cheek as the medics performed enough first aid so that they could move him to a safer location. Naruto had sheltered them from the on-going barrage of attacks from the tentails.

"Yes," she said, "My answer to your question is yes....on one condition...."

Despite the numbing pain Neji smiled as the medics carried him away. He didn't need to ask to know what she was referring to.
.
.
.

Three years later and Neji was exasperated but still not defeated.

Tenten had said that she'd marry him but not when. Their game of 'cat and mouse' had continued for a long three years.

Neji was now officially king and all of Hiashi's obscene laws had long since been abolished.

Tenten had been promoted after the war and was now the Captain of the Land of Sun's royal guard and his personal protector. A great many girls in the kingdom looked up to her and an equal amount of suitors sought her hand.

Her parent's had been given back their status and lands although her father had chosen not to return to the military and instead had opened his own training academy. He was immensely proud of his daughter and thankful to Neji.

Tenten walked into the throne room smirking as usual.

"You called?" she asked.

"You know why I called," Neji chided. Every day for three long years he had asked her the same question...

"Better make it quick," she said reminding Neji that he had a meeting in five minutes time.

"Well, so will you finally officially agree to marry me?" Neji asked doubtful that she would give in.

"Yes," she said nonchalantly.

"Well yet another no at this rate I—Wait what?" Neji was shocked.

"You heard me. My student is officially ready to take over for me so...I'm ready to retire and marry," she clarified.

Neji pulled her into his lap pressing his lips to hers.

"Finally," he whispered.

"When's the wedding then?" she aaked.

"Next week. I've already waited for three years. I'm not waiting any longer," he answered causing her to laugh as he captured her lips with his again.