9,7) THE ALLIED SHINOBI FORCES MEETING

[This chapter is dedicated to riho15 for posting the most heartwarming comment about "Alchemy" the other day although I couldn't understand what she was saying without a translator. Also refer to the 1st info chapter for a pic of the palace.]

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Hinata:

My wounds had healed well thanks to the pink haired girl, Sakura, who had been travelling  with the prince of the Land of Fire.

During the 5 day trip to the location of the next Allied Shinobi Forces meeting, her and I as well as Tenten, the girl Neji was travelling with, had become great friends.

I had never had female friends besides my sister before, so I was immensely greatful to have finally made some.

Naruto seemed much happier. His smile was a seemingly perpetual occurrence these days--yet I knew that he had carried the weight of his mistakes and pain behind it. It was a smile that wasn't carefree and ignorant but one that understood how important it was to enjoy these small, halcyon moments while they dangled in front of you; in order not to regret it once they were gone.

I would've been jealous that Sasuke had managed to make him smile more in these past few days then I had managed to in a month but instead I was greatful.

Naruto and I were special to eachother---yes---I knew that now but he and Sasuke had a special, unbreakable bond. One that was built on years of friendship, comradery, rivalry and common suffering.

Neji and Naruto...well they were far from being called friends...Acquaintances, perhaps?

Their personalities were as divergent as two people could possibly be. Then there was Neji's incessant questions and overprotectiveness over me. Deep down though I knew, and I think they did too, that they would maoe the best of friends someday.

For despite himself,  Neji admired Naruto's determination and indomitability towards his ideals and goals.

Meanwhile Naruto secretly admired Neji's discipline and astuteness.

Sasuke and Sakura seemed to have something going on that neither openly acknowledged much to my suprise. I would never reckon him to be the type to enage in romanticism. They were a sweet couple from the little gestures I could see.

Neji and Tenten seemed to be in the same boat as the aforementioned couple; evoking an even greater amount of shock from me. They suited eachother though and she was finally able to get Neji to stand up to Hiashi.

The meeting was to be held at the imperial capital of the Land of Whirlpools. Much to Naruto's display and delight. He  longed to see his home and yet he simultaneously feared facing it.

I had never travelled outside of my home country before now so I was exastatic to see as much as it could before my freedom was taken from me.

We had to take a ship from the harbour at one the the country's few mainland port towns. Most the the country consisted of small islands located to the east of the Land of Fire and to the south-east of the Land of Sun.

The capital, Uzushiogakure, was located on the largest of these islands. The capital's name was well chosen as the City was indeed "hidden within the whirlpools" as countless eddies surrounded the island.

We had to switch to a Chokkibune [1] when we reached the island to navigate into the tributaries they made up the estuary delta where the palace was located.