PART 2~ 8,1) THIS ROLLERCOASTER RIDE CALLED LOVE

[Hi guys there's the month's chapter. I know it's a bit late but I excused myself on my message board. It is a Shikatema chapter as promised. I know it's probably not what you guys wanted because they are still separated for the time being. However this chapter gices you some history and background into the nature of their relationship.]

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Temari:

The void had grown even bigger during the weeks without him. I wondered just how I had lived four years ago, the years before I had met him. I'm sure my old, independent self would make a mockery of this new person I had become. Someone who was dependant on a another person for self-validation.

I was the Princess of the Land of Wind, for goodness sake. I had been told so often that I was strong, witty and beautiful. That I could have the heart or hand of whatever man I wanted. But I didn't want any man, I wanted Shikamaru. I had finally admitted it to myself. I had admitted it too late.

I didn't want to be with some prince who I've never met in my life before. It seems that said prince didn't want to be with me either. The wedding had been postponed indefinitely because of issues on the Hyuga side and we had long since been sent home in the mean time.

Thank the lord.

I enjoyed the balmy kiss of the midday, desert sun. I had missed the fresh smell of lotuses and desert jasmine, the wide arched open-air passages and the sand-coloured walls of our own castle. Everything in the Land of Sun's capital was too golden, too crisp and too ostentatious to feel comfortable or familiar to me.

I had hoarded myself in my quarters since I got back. I had long since voiced my clamours to the council--the marriage was unchangeable in their eyes.

I loved and hated my room all at once.

For a single reason. Everything reminded me of him.

To touch what he once touched, to breathe in the scent of him on the clothes he had left behind--was to imagine him by my side once again.
Only to wake up from the terrible fantasy and realise that he was gone and be tortured by the heart-breaking reminders of him.

"Was it all a lie then?" I found myself asking my shadow.

"Love isn't enough..." I swore I heard it reply.

Flashback

I smoothened over the folds of my black dress. It was practical for fighting yet acceptably appropriate for someone of my class; that was why I enjoyed wearing it. I sighed once more before standing up.