5,5) PULSING RAGE

Hi guys here's this month's chapter. Please revote for the last two chapters (there was some problem with loading votes and so I to unpublish and then republish them)

Thanks for all the support lately....

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ino:

A melee of stimuli prickled at my senses. Each one individually served, with an dash of nostalgia, for my sensorium to devour greedily…

The clattering of the carriage's wheels on the cobbled streets… the chimes of bells and chorus of trumpets marking our arrival…
…The aroma of fresh breads wafting through the windows of  the quaint yet cosy dwellings of locals...
…Their palpable excitement at catching mere glimpse through the curtained window…
…the delighted squeals of children ringing through the meandering walkways...
A musty, albeit refreshing whiff of yesterday's rain clinging to the town…
The colourful array of clothing belonging to those who rushed to greet us…
The feel of her gloved hand in mine as we waved…
Its jewels a crushing weight a reminder me of the responsibility bound to me as it rested on my head…

All silenced…leaving me behind in a cacophony of silence  and void of nothingness…

I awoke then, gently this time, fighting back the tears that threatened to rain down my face.

My eyes darted around in search of familiarity to ensconce myself with; finding nothing in this forest clearing. I had to remind myself then that I had left the safety of my bedroom in the temple ruin that had sheltered me for most of my adolescence.

I had to remind myself that the dark figure standing watch a mere few metres away was no danger to me, even though he had remained an enigma of sorts…

I blinked away the last remnants of the grogginess of sleep as the bark of a tree pressed warmly against my back.my hands settled on the ground which was veneered with verdant blades of grass and patches of wildflowers.

I knew it wasn't long until first light as the moonlight that bathed the glen in a melange of blue retreated slowly, brightening the day by the second.
I eyed a patch of amethyst sakurasō [1]. they symbolised desperation I recalled, from my numerous Hanakotoba[2] lessons as a girl. I hoped they wouldn’t set the theme of today. Instead of desperation I hoped for some truth to clear my confusion which currently clouded my ability to make informed decisions about what I wanted to do from here on out. I wanted honesty, I thought as I glanced at the small kikyou[3] shrub ironically planted at Sai's feet.

He spun around then; realising I was awake.

"Let's get an early start this morning," he suggested––perhaps commanded. I could never tell for the tone of his voice held no hint. His face too was emotionless––a veritable porcelain sculpture.

We had been travelling for about half a week and he hadn't bothered to speak to me other than issuing necessary instructions.
He had made no effort to make small talk through the seemingly endless days of travel.

We had only flown until we had cleared the treacherous, mountainous passes along the border. It had too dangerous to risk being spotted in the air from the ramshackle villages had littered the last stretches of the land of light.

Those villages were currently under the enslavement of the Dark Forces. Its villagers forced to produce supplies and weapons for its growing army.