7,2) OBSIDIAN FEATHERS

[ Hi all this chapter has been split and edited so please reread it if you don't mind an full explanation is in the ALL A/N AND OTHER INFOMATION CHAPTER

Sorry for the inconvience.]

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sakura:

The cool metal of my kunai dug into my palms as I clutched my blade tightly.

All of my mother's training and battle instincts awakening suddenly and sharply as if it had been quietly prowling between my skin this entire time.

So this is what it meant to be a ninja then? To never be totally off guard? Even to be at rest was to be aware of one's surrounding, as if anticipating an attack at any second.

Sasuke's gaze was fixated forwards, on the forest just a few metres beyond the the bridge.

A deep chuckle resounded. I couldn’t help the shiver that ran down my spine. Nor could I help the single quake of my knees. How could a single individual have so much chakra?

I took a deep breath to steady myself, casting away my fear.

I could not be afraid. To show fear is to show submissiveness to your enemy. To back down is to surrender your life––your soul, your hopes, your dreams––on the grounds of fear. 

"Your instincts are getting dull, if I'm able to sneak up on you like this,"  a man said stepping out into the light. His words were obviously addressed to Sasuke. This voice sounded cold, paced and guileful yet sensual and calming.

The first pursuer spoke to the Prince with a degree of familiarity in his voice. Dare I say that he sassed and criticised Sasuke.

"We've been waiting," said a second voice. His voice was guttural and bloodthirsty, as if it had belonged to a monster from the vivid nightmares of a child––distorted imagination in the flesh.

They stepped out of the cover of darkness. What was their motive? Were they to face Sasuke––face us head-on? Or had they come to discuss something?

I tried––and failed––to identify the two figures. I felt as if I should know the odd symbol patterned across their otherwise plain black cloaks––a red cloud embroidered with a white trim.

Why did my consistently, reliable memory fail me now?

"Is this him?" asked the man on the left whose voice I had identified as the second voice. He was an extremely tall "man", well if he could be called a man, who resembled a shark. His rough, ridged skin had a cold blue-grey tint to it which complemented his darker blue hair. His eyes were cold and round like those of a fish. He grinned revealing triangular shaped serrated teeth.

The bandaged sword on his back and the gill-like markings on his face were the most menacing attributes of his overly horrifying appearance.

"What do you say I rough him up a little, as a warm up?" he asked.

I gulped slightly.

"No," said the first voice who belonged to a fairly tall man with a fair completion. His onyx eyes held no warmth. His long raven hair, which was tied back into a loose ponytail, blew into his face.  He flicked back the two shorter strands which framed his classically handsome face. 

I nearly quivered in relief.

"Fine, what do you say I handle his travelling companion?" he smirked at me before pivoting his head to look at his dark-haired partner.