Lance X Reader {Rewrite The Stars}

Lance X Female!Reader
                         Rewrite The Stars
                  The Greatest Showman AU
                     Song: Rewrite The Stars
                Request from: @gundersonpi

Your POV
I said in the circus room, angrily putting on my gloves. I heard footsteps run into the room, clearly knowing it was Lance. He walked up to me, standing in front of me. He tried to make eye contact with me, but I looked down. He squatted down, almost sitting on the step so he could look into my eyes.

"Y/N. They're small minded people." He said, reaching for my hand. I quickly pulled away so he couldn't touch it.

"Why do you care what they think?" Lance asked in a hushed whisper.

"It's not just them. I've never had someone look at you the way your parents look at me. The way everyone would look at us." I said, getting up and walking away from him.

(Start music now.)
(Lance: Bold, You: Italic, Both: Underlined)

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide." Lance said, following me.

"It's not a secret I try to hide." Lance said. I shook my head, grabbing the rope.

"I know you want me. So don't keep saying your hands are tied." He said, coming closer now as I wrapped the rope up.

"You claim it's not in the cards, that fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me." Lance sang, poking his head through the two pillars that were in front of me. I looked at him and shook my head, walking the other way.

"But you're here in my heart so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?" He said, walking towards me more as I grabbed the other rope.

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine." Lance said, grabbing my hand as I pulled the rope. I pulled away and walked into the ring of sand, the rope still in my hand.

"Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find." Lance said, following me.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be." Lance said, grabbing my waist. I pulled away and began to walk away as he grabbed the rope, pulling me back towards him.

"So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours. Tonight." Lance said, running his hand down my cheek and spinning me. As Lance got close to me, I pulled the rope, making me fly up into the air. I got onto my ring and began to go down more.

"You think it's easy? You think I don't wanna run to you." I said as the ring began to go down more.

"But there are mountains. But there are doors that we can't walk through." I said, reaching the ground as Lance grabbed my ring.

"I know you're wondering why because we're able to be just you and me, within these walls." I said, getting into the ring and spinning around him.

"But when we go outside you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." I said, hanging upside down in my ring as it rose back up again. Lance grabbed on as the ring rose, making him come off of the ground. He let go, falling back down to the ground.

"No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine?" I said, swinging down towards Lance.

"Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find." I said as I swung towards Lance. He caught me and we fell, rolling a bit. I landed on top of him and put my hand on his cheek as I pulled the rope.

"It's not up to you, it's not up to me." I said as the rope pulled me up. Lance grabbed the end of it, pulling himself up.

"When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world could be ours, tonight." I said, wrapping the rope around myself so I fell down it. Lance caught me and spun me. He put me down and we both grabbed the rope.

"All I want is to fly with you. All I want is to fall with you." We both said. Lance grabbed the rope then my waist, making us both fly up into the air. He let me go and I grabbed his hand, reaching the floor and pulling him down.

"So just give me all of you! It feels impossible (it's not impossible. Say that's it's possible." We said, walking away from each other. We both turned around and ran towards each other, grabbing each other and spinning in the air on our ropes.

"How do we rewrite the stars. Say you were meant to be mine." We said, Lance spinning and landing on the ground as I flew higher into the air. I spun around him, keeping my eyes on him the whole time.

"Nothing can keep us apart cause you are the one I was meant to find." We said. Lance ran off and began to climb one of the beams as I still spun in the air.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me." We said. Lance climbed higher and stood on the other side of the banister.

"No one can say what we get to be. And why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours." We said. Lance jumped onto my rope, holding onto me and the rope as we both spun. We slowly made it to the ground and Lance held my waist.

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied." I said in a hushed tone, taking Lances hands off of my waist and walking away, leaving Lance alone in the ring of sand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was one of the most enjoyable requests I have done! This movie is so amazing and I love the songs and characters! Thank you @gundersonpi for this request! You're awesome.

(If you couldn't tell, Lance was Phillip and Y/N is Anne)

-Dylan 💛