Twenty Fifth: Him

Twenty Fifth: Him

So we went to this place called Sunrise, where they only sell breakfast meals.  The first thing that I noticed as we entered was the smell of French bread being toasted.  Not long, I realized that the place was packed with people.  There weren’t any vacant seats.  Then we followed a sign that was arrowed up stairs.  So we checked to see if there could possibly be any available seat, but then again, every table was occupied.  We checked the balcony outside and it was still full.  Until I saw an empty space located near the terrace.  The balcony’s porch was wide and maybe it was meant to be sat on.  So we decided to sit there and dangled our feet lose.  I wasn’t afraid of heights but I still bent down to see how high we were, and it wasn’t that high.  The view was amazing from here.

       “Look at the view from here. Too bad people can’t see it.” I said, biting off my French toast.  Perfect sky plus my French toast equals priceless.

       “It’s incredible, isn’t it?”

       “It is.” I replied.

       We could see the beach from here, sparkling and waving. 

       “You know, sometimes I want to find how deep the sea can get.” he gazed at the horizon.

       “Why is that?” I curiously asked.

       “I don’t know.” he thought, “Maybe because the things down there are much more than what we see up here.”

       I tried to get him.

       “Sometimes when we see something plain and dull, we ignore it. Because we don’t dare to dive in and see what’s really inside.” He continued, “Then someday in your life you’ll realize that you had missed the chances.”

       I stared at him with disbelief that he could say such strong words as that.  I couldn’t think of anything to say because no words could possibly compare it. 

       I tried to read between the lines, and there it was.

       I got it.