Thirty Fifth: Falling Is Magical

Thirty Fifith: Falling Is Magical

I fell in love with you.

       The words that I thought I’d never hear.  The words that I thought would be the only words to make a girl happy.  The words, so meaningful, had brought me to tears.  And, the words that I had never expected coming from Ethan’s voice.

       I was overwhelmed, with all of these secrets suddenly coming out from him.  I figured, was this really happening?  I thought I was the only one who was falling for him, but no, he didn’t just like me like I liked him.  But he loved me.  And that is a big word.

       I wanted so speak, but he left me speechless.  No words were coming out from my mouth.  Thoughts were circling, wandering around my mind.  Could it be?  Could it be that I was also in love with him?

       Suddenly, Bridget’s voice sneaked inside my mind, “You’ll look each other in the eyes and suddenly you’ll realize that there wouldn’t be any other person you’ll want to spend with.”

       And as I heard her voice, the exact thing happened.  I realized that Ethan, the one who I thought had played all his tricks on me, couldn’t take his eyes off of me.  It was simple as that.

       But then, as he was staring at me, I seemed to notice that his tears were still running down his cheeks.  I didn’t know what he was feeling.  Probably because he admitted something big to me, so big that I couldn’t even speak.  Or because he did this all for his dad.  He had worked so hard in swimming for all these years.  All the trainings, the struggles, the tiredness, the diets.  And he had also helped me, brought me home when I didn’t have a ride, helped me in training, helped me get my bike fixed, and the early breakfast at Sunrise.

       When I saw him wearing that tearful look on his face, my tears began to drop as well.  I felt so sorry for him.  For his dad.  And his struggles to see his dad lying on that hospital bed for years.  He didn’t deserve it.

       In out of no where, I found myself leaning towards him.  My face so close to him that you couldn’t even see a gap between it.  I closed my eyes, steadily, and kissed him.

And Yes.  It was my first time kissing a boy.  And I was even the one who initiated it.  Nothing like this had ever occurred in my “to do list”, “wish list” or even my “life goals”.  I didn’t even remember my dad yelling to me, “Kiss Ethan after the swimming competition.”  It was that of a shock.

       But I didn’t regret it.  And I didn’t do it just for nothing, I did it for a reason. 

       It was a simple kiss, but it meant everything.  It didn’t have to be long.  It was a kiss that had worth a million stars.

       I pulled away, and I could see him smiling again.  That sweet smile, so beautiful.  The smile of an angel.  The smile that I had never seen before.  It was priceless.

       Just when we both realized that we had been staying for so long in the water.  My hands started to wrinkle, but the waves had calmed down. 

       We were the only ones left; holding onto the flag pole.  I had never felt so happy before.  I felt like I won too.  And this was the most magical day that had ever happened.

       I looked back at Ethan, with comfort and ease, with nothing else in my mind, and said, “I want to see your dad.”