Eyes Deceived (Chapter 4)

Heres some more interaction with The Kid finally! Little by little im working on the plot but im grateful for all of your guys support on this! Much love! -Ren

----
Ever since that day, I couldn't understand what was going on from that point. A few weeks had passed, the weather seemed to change. Lately I've noticed Dennis's behavior changing since then.. He's becoming more and more nervous and worried about that man. The man would rarely speak during his visits in the medical room. No name, nothing about his past. The man would rarely speak, the only thing he mentioned towards me were small verses of the Bible.

Yet, Warden is still pushing me and constantly wanting me to find out every single damn detail of this man. It's so tiring. Mostly frustrating, but it's not his fault. None of this was his fault,  I thought. As I sat there,  leaned over the desk. I closed my eyes and rest my head on my hands, rubbing my temples. So many questions, yet so little answers for all of them.

The door clicked and creaked open as I slowly looked up, seeing a familiar tall figure slowly walking in. He stared at me,  standing still once more but at least he mind his head through the door frame. The door closed behind him and he looked back at the door. "Hey you. You can sit on the bed again. I've heard you arent eating again. " The man looked back at me and slowly made his way to the bed and sat down. His attention now on the floor again, everything was silent. I sighed and slowly stood up from my desk, making my way to a mini fridge off to the side of the room. Opening it, I pulled out two sandwiches. Ham and cheese sandwiches, wrapped in plastic to keep them fresh. Then I also grabbed a bag of Dorito chips, average size but enough to share and two water bottles. Making my way over to the man, I placed the items next to him and pulled out the same rolling stool from our first encounter.

"Seems like I've gotta help you eat, Dennis wont get off my ass about it. " I give him a small smile and hand him the sandwich. I took the other one and began to unwrap mine. The man seemed very confused as he looked at the wrapped sandwich. Raising my brow,  I put mine down on my lap and gently take his to open it. "You are one strange guy, I'll tell you that. Here you go. " I gave him the opened sandwich and he took it. As my attention turned to the bag of chips, I went to grab and open it. I then see the man remove the ham and cheese off of the bread and put it on the floor. They only thing he put in his mouth was the bread as he began to slowly eat. "Huh, Dennis wasn't kidding when you only eat Wonder Bread. " I take a bite out of my sandwich and place a chip in my mouth. Chewing,  I see him staring at me as we both ate. We both ate in silence as he finished his two pieces of bread easily and I was halfway of my own sandwich.

"You're a very picky eater aren't you?" He just stares at my question. I mentally sighed once more as I continued to eat. I grabbed one of the water bottles and opened it, giving it to him. "Well at least drink this. " His large hand slowly grabs it as if the bottle was tiny compared to him but at least he drank it without hesitation. Finishing my lunch, I grabbed the discarded ham and cheese on the floor and the left over wrappers, throwing them in the trash. I drank my own water as I turn to see the water bottle was empty and on the floor. "You should really know how to throw things away. There's a trashcan here. " I pointed to the small bin.

"..Trashcan?" He says,  looking over to the small bin as I nodded. "Yes, trashcan. Whatever you dont use,  you throw it away in here. Ok?" The man nodded and leaned down to pick up the water bottle. Then I told him,  "You see this blue bin? It's a recycling bin, water bottles go in there. " The man slowly stood up and looked over at the blue bin,  he walked over and dropped the bottle into it. I smiled and hummed. "Now you're learning." The man looked at me but then something caught his attention on my desk. It was a small photo,  a family photo. It showed Dennis and I with our parents. We were kids and we were near Castle Rock Lake, fishing. I caught a catfish and Dennis caught a tiny sunfish. I smiled at the small memory as I looked over.  "See something you like?"

The man looked back and grabs the picture,  making his way back to the bed and sat down. He stared at the picture, very curious. Poor guy, he really hasn't seen much.. His attention was on the fish. I can see him tilting his head to the side about them. "These are fish, they come in many sizes. Big or small. In many different colors. "

"Colors?" He asked. I nodded and pointed on the fish. "That big one is white and the other is yellow." The man's finger pointed at the fish,  repeating the colors. "White. Yellow. " I grin and nod. "That's right. " I couldnt help but feel bad for this man, he seems like a lost puppy. Lost with everything in the world and trying to figure out his place in life. The man slowly looked up at me, in his eyes,  they shed a little bit of fascination and wonder. But I noticed his eye color had changed, they were darker now from before. Just before I could continue,  I hear a knock on the door. Looking over, I see a guard, Charlie opening it. "Excuse me,  Ms. Zalewski. I was sent here by Warden to get you. " I blinked and nodded as I slowly stood up. "I'll be right there,  thank you. "

The guard nodded and closed the door behind him. I turned my attention back to the man and smiled. "I'll be right back. Hopefully it wont take me long. But, you're going to have to stay here. " The man watched as I walked over to the door, with the keys for the door. As much as I hated to lock him in here, but I dont want him to wander off or get myself in trouble for not locking the door. I looked back to the man as his attention was back on the floor, staying still. I mentally noted myself that I need to interact with him more or have him do something like drawing or something to keep his mind busy. I open the door and closed it behind me. Locking it while I made my way to the office.

"Great. I wonder what she wants now. " I told myself.