Eyes Deceived (Chapter 7)

Ahhh! Im so shocked, seeing so many likes, reblogs and followers after 6 parts of this series! Im going to try to make these longer, Ive recently have started school so I won't be able to write as much. Thank you all so much for the support! Much love! - Ren

--------
Remembering my promise towards my brother. It was my last one, my last conversation to him..before I knew it. Death was following him. As if nothing, no one knew what would happen. Only Dennis and Death made a pact. During the funeral, rarely anyone showed. Yet, it is a small town but no one knew my brother like I have. As they lowered him down into the bed we rose from, he was finally at rest. Hearing small cries and sobs coming off of my sister-in-law and her children. I noticed the sun was out today.

After an hour or so, I was left behind. As they covered Dennis's casket, I couldn't help but watch. I wanted to stay til the very end with him. At least so he won't feel alone on his day. Once there was no living soul around, everything was silent. Clenching my teeth, I promised myself I wouldnt. But, I felt warm tears, slowly streaming down my face. "Why.. " I asked. "Why, why would you leave me..not you too. " My lip quivers and I tried to calm down my breathing. Suddenly falling to my knees,  I leaned forward and touched the fresh soil covering him. Clenching it, my hands shook. I sobbed and closed my eyes harshly, wailing out.

You see, I had no one. Growing up, I had no friends. Only a stuffed bear to play with.. All of my family members were older than me. Or remained a mystery. There were no children my age around, I mostly depended on my brother. He was always there for me. Always, he never left my side. Until today.. Looking up. I rose up, looking towards the sky. Then I remembered, what he told me one day. When I was a child, I would hear voices. Of the living and the dead. I was afraid of Death. When I found out when we are born..we also die. So I smiled,  tears still staining my face. I saw white clouds forming into the blue sky.

"When I'm gone. Dont cry.. Just look up to the sky and say.. " I closed my eyes, creating the most happiest smile..

"Goodbye."

Now.. Here I am. In the room, I sat there blankly with that memory. I haven't slept or eat since..everything was finally quiet here in Shawshank prison. I wish you were here to listen Den. I thought.. My day dreaming broke once the door was open. Slowly looking up, I noticed him. Those eyes.. As if looking into my soul once more. He knew, he made an almost sad expression. Instead of walking towards his usual spot, he decided to sit across from me and my desk. Slightly raising my brows, my hands were on top of my desk, rssting there. He stared for a moment, then looked down towards his left. We sat across from eachother in silence.. Until he broke it.

"I should have not left that hole. " He said. Looking over to him, I hesitated to speak but I needed this. We both do. "Things happen for a reason. It's the way of life. But there comes a time where we regret our decisions but we need to accept it. " The man looked at me. I sighed and shook my head. "Im sorry." He just stares and stays quiet still, but his eyes avert towards the small window,  showing outside. I nodded slowly to myself as I followed where his gaze went. "Say.. " I turned to look back at him.

Our gazes meet and I gave him a smile. "How about we go outside? It's a beautiful day. " I rose up from my seat and motioned my hand for him to follow. He seemed to hesitate for a bit, he decided to stand up and followed. We both made our way towards the doors,  due to the incident. I didn't have much hassle going through security in the medical area. The man took his time walking.. But he manages to catch up with me. As we got closer to the doors that lead to the field outside, I managed to open them. Light began to shine inside as I pushed down the stopper to keep the door open. "Come on. At least we can get some fresh air,  yeah?" I mentally tried to keep myself positive. At least for all of our sakes.

The man seemed to flinch and covered his face with his arms slowly. I watched him let the light adjust his view and he slowly lowered his arms down. Blinking, his eyes squinted slightly as we both stood out. He stares, as if he's never seen it before. Even if he did, it seems like he had forgotten what it was like to be free. He seemed mesmerized about it. I've noticed his tense figure had loosened up.. He seems happy in a way.

"You know.. I remember when I would step out side. I would go out and listen. Whenever things turn bad at home. I would take a step outside and listen closely to what was around me. " I looked at the trees in the distance, seeing them flow as the breeze passed through. The man was watching me, as if trying to remember every detail of this moment.

He looked over to the field and the trees. "I can hear them, you know. " He turned his attention back towards me. "The voices. The ringing. I can hear them, clear as day. It doesn't stop. As if it's a whole new person inside my head. Is that what you mean earlier?" I looked at him and he stayed staring.  "You have no idea what's going on. Do you. " He said. I slightly frowned and shook my head slowly. "No. I dont. " Moving my hand,  closer to his.. I wrapped my pinky around his.

"..Maybe you can show me? Guide me?" He looked down at my hand and then back at my face. He seemed very hesitant but I felt him returned the gesture by holding our pinkies together. "..Maybe. I can.. try. " He said to me. I smiled gently and made our hands swing gently.

He didn't seemed bothered by it as I spoke. "I hope you're ready. I'll be your colors, you'll guide me to where I need to place them. " He made the most tiny smile towards me and looked at our hands. "Guide you."

I smiled. "Thats right. You are my eyes and I will be your body. I want you to show me what you see. "

He looked ahead and he spoke. "The eyes can be deceived."