Eyes Deceived (Chapter 8)

He was right. The eyes can be deceived, you can never know the wolf under sheep's clothing. So many secrets are hidden in the world. It's usually best to leave it alone where it was hidden in the first place. It seems like he was afraid to show me what's behind closed doors. "Alright, one arm then the other. " Recently, Ive heard news that the man was finally taken out of Shawshank Prison. Henry Deaver decided to take him, but under one condition..

A few hours earlier..

"Ah, Ms. Zalewski. Nice to meet you, I've heard you are the kid's caretaker?" Inside the Warden's office,  Henry, Warden and I were in the same room. Looking down at Henry's hand,  I slowly took it to my own and we shook. "Yes, I hear you are is friend. " Henry corrected me. "Lawyer actually. I've decided to take him out of this place, have him settle in a new environment per say. " We pulled our hands away and I looked over to the Warden. She didn't seem happy about the situation but she needed the man gone before he gets exposed to the town.. I turned back to Henry.

"I assure you, he will get very confused. If not panic, I'm sure you've read his recent file. " Henry nods slowly and held his hands behind his back. "Thats correct. But he needs to come out, whether he'd like it or not. " Warden had enough as she spoke. "Just get him out of here. Its bad enough that somebody decided to make a crisis here. " She mentioned it towards me, towards Dennis. Clenching my teeth, I turned away and head towards the door. Huffing slightly, I stopped,  touching the knob of the door.

"I will let you take him, under one condition Mr. Deaver. " Henry looked towards me,  raising his brow. "You're taking me also. No questions asked. " Henry looked towards Warden as Warden didn't give two shits as she waved her hand. "Then you're fired, Ms. Zalewski. " I smirked and looked ahead, heading out the door. "No, I quit. " I slammed it behind me.

..Now here we are. Looking at the man, he looked up at me as he sat down on a stool for me to help him. "Alright, one arm then the other. " I began to help him put on a clean shirt. His head going through then his long arms, doing as he was told. As if dressing up a child, I pulled down his shirt to cover his upper body. He watched as I began to grab his new pair of pants. "Seems like we're out of this shithole eh?" I gave him a gentle smile. He blinked and agreed by nodding his head.  Unzipping the pants, I put them on the floor. "Alright,  same thing as the shirt but you put your feet in. " He puts his feet in the pants as I then make them hang onto his ankles. "Now, stand up. " He listened and stood up slowly, as I pullee them up to his waist and zipped them up. "You know,  you're going to see some new faces. But I dont want you to be alarmed okay?" He looked down at me as I buttoned his pants and put on a belt so they dont drag on him. "Okay. " He says softly.

Looking up at him, I never knew how beautiful he was. Despite how thin and the way he acts didnt bother me one bit. He seems very comfortable with me as I am with him. Smiling, I see his hair dangle over his brown eye as I tucked it behind his ear gently. He didn't flinch, nor move a muscle. He just stared and blinked. "Alright,  time to finish dressing you up then we go. " He nods slowly. "I need you to sit back down ok?" He sat back down on the stool, grabbing a pair of black socks and large brown boots, I began to cover his feet. But once I touched them lightly, he flinched. Blinking, I looked up at him. He seemed tensed and I looked back down and touched him lightly again. Flinch.

Smiling to myself, I bit my lip to stifle my laughter. Deciding to continue, I touched his foot again. Hearing his breathing hitch and a small snicker coming out of him. "Say.. " Slowly looking up at him. "Are you...ticklish?" Raising my brow. The man looked to the side as his expression went back to stoic. "No. Y/N." He says immediately. Grinning to myself,  I decided to stop. Not to make him uncomfortable, I went back putting on the socks. Slipping on the boots, I tied them up and stood back up.

As if just in time, I heard a knock. "Come in." I said as the door opened. Henry walks inside and looked at the two of us. "Nice seeing you two again. " I nodded as the man stared at Henry. Henry cleared his throat as he spoke. "You guys ready?" I hummed in response and grabbed a jacket for the man. "Yeah, just wait for us in the car. " Henry nodded and left the room. The man was already standing up as I helped him put on his jacket. "Alright. Let's get the fuck out of here. "

Meanwhile in the car.. There was Henry, a woman named Molly and the man and I in the car. Molly introduced herself to us and learned that she sells houses here in Castle Rock. Not knowing where to go, she decided to have us stay in one of the buildings for now until I can figure out how to settle things. The drive was quiet, I looked out the window. Watching the town shops pass by and seeing the rain began to pour down. It's always raining here.. Not to mention Fall is here. Seeing the red and brown leaves move along with the breeze and the rain creating the soil soft. I turned to look at the man, He seems to be watching it as well.

Molly began to break the silence as she said. "Well, I must tell you two is that to not drink the water in the building. You can shower if you need to but since its very old. You dont want to risk your health with the toxins and such. But I dont recommend showering either but do for your personal needs. " She sighed as we parked and got out the car. Finally, I stretched and groaned out. The man heard my groans as he looked at me with a concered expression. Looking back at him as if I could sense it. I smiled at him. "Im jist tired.. Thats all. Come on. " I motioned my hand for him to follow Henry and Molly.

Hearing the air vaccum fill in the air matress, Molly finally turned it off once it was full. Henry looked out the windoe and sighed. "I dont like this idea, Molly. " Molly looked over and shook her head. "They need a place to stay and I've got one. Its fine Henry. You dont want them to sleep on the streets,  do you?" Henry replied. "Well no. " Molly nods. "Then it's settled. " She turned to look at me and smiled. "Alright, you both know what you need to do. If you guys need anything. Dont be afraid to call us, we gotta help eachother out after all. " I watched her as I nodded.

"Thank you." I said. She nods and decided to take Henry with her. So it was just me and the man. Looking over to him, he sat down on the window sill, watching the rain pour down and sliding off the glass. I looked down towards the bed and put my bag down beside it. Flopping and landing on my back. I sighed happily and looked over at him. "Hey. "He slowly looked at me and raised his brow. "It's a bit early, wanna take a nap?" The man gave me a questioned look. "Nap?" Raising my brows, I sit up on the bed slightly. "You do know that a nap is don't you?" He shook his head. Oh lord, give me strength.

I sighed and patted the spot next to me. "Come over here. " The sound of the water hit the window,  making it know that a storm was coming through town. He made his way over and lays down next to me. Laying on our sides and facing eachother, I hummed and thought about it. "A nap is when you sleep for a short time. Like 30 minutes to an hour. Something like that. But we mostly do it when we need our strength back. "

He listened closely as he looked down and says. "Sleep. Short time. " I agreed. "Right. Now I want you to sleep just for a bit. Okay?" The man nodded. "Okay. " Turning my back to face him, I yawned softly and rest my eyes for a bit. Little did I know, I felt the bed shuffle for a bit. I felt a blanket wrapped over my body and his. His arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to him. I didnt mind at all but I was a bit shocked on the gesture. I felt his chest rise slowly on my back and his warm breath near my ear. Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes fully and drifted to sleep.

Later that day, night began to come. Before I knew it, the man was gone. He walked out into town, to god knows where..