Eyes Deceived (Chapter 14)

Apologies about the edit I did from the previous one, I know I've confused so many. So to make this better, I've decided to rewrite Chapter 14. Now I've been in clear stress and under so much influence of writers block. At the moment my mind is not in a good place but I hope this rewrite makes somewhat sense as I am kinda trying to make it like the show but at the same time in my own way of this series. Forgive me and hopefully I will become better for that no excuses will not be at fault from my mistake.
Thank you for your help with this chapter babstrash hopefully I did a good job. -Ren
----

It's raining again, the familiar sound touching my window as I looked. As the rain began to land onto the earth,  the smell of it was traveling through the vents. It reminded me of home.. Oh yeah, home. I don't have one like I'd used to. The sounds of so many steps echoing across the floors and the sound of typing and phones ringing were clear against me. Looking towards the window once more, my vision had switched to the relfection of the hospital. Too many faces in so many places, looking into my own. I didn't recognize myself, eyes that have sunken in. Reminded me of him as my own light had darkened. What day is it? What time is it? I was personally losing my sense of time and place, boy... I must be very exhausted. With this rain, you couldn't even tell the time of day in my point of view. Looking down at my stack of papers, I scrolled through for recent patients. Ah.. I'm suppose to give this boy, Marcus a couple of flu shots. Looking back up, I see his reflection. The man... Eyes widening, I turned around to look behind me. Nothing.

Heh... Nothing but the staff in this damn place. I'm probably losing my mind now, but damn I miss him. Not too many things have been leaving my mind since my conversation with Ruth. Putting my hand onto the bridge of my nose, I massaged myself for a bit. "Hey, Y/N!"

Blinking from the voice, I slowly looked up and noticed my co-worker, Jason. With his hand waving over to me to go over, I mentally sighed and groaned as I walked over. Jason, a wonderful and sweet guy but with not much intelligence about personal things in life, smiles at me as he leans forward. "Man.. You look like shit. "

Smirking, I pulled a few strands on my hair back and thinned out my lips. "Well get used to it, its gonna be everyday. " Jason laughed slightly as he leans back, his hazel colored eyes lit up as he reminds himself. "Oh! Here, I have something for you." Raising my brow, I watched Jason fumble in his drawer and pulled out a small box.

"It's not much, but hopefully it'll brighten your day up a bit. Happy Birthday Y/N." He passes me the box as I took it in my hands. Placing my stack of papers to the side, I completely forgot. Today was my birthday... A birthday to spend alone for once. Well not entirely alone, making a small smile. I looked at Jason and began to open the box. "Ah, Thank you. But I didn't think I told you my birthday before. "

Jason leans himself back on his chair and chuckled, placing his hand to rub his stubble then his short black hair. "Well being set to the front desk. Not to sound like a stalker or creep but my computer lets me know everyone's information. Staff and Patients. "He rubs the back of his neck as I opened the box and noticed a small dreamcatcher inside. Jason watched me as he smiled gently.

"I-I've noticed you've haven't been sleeping much. Probably nightmares occur so I had my grandmother make you one. Hopefully, this will help. " Looking at the design and the beads and feathers attached to it. It was very thoughtful as I smiled and nodded. "Ah, thank you Jason. I'll be sure to hang it up in my room. " Putting it back into the box. I put the box in my larger pocket and made my way over to the patient I needed to do.

Jason calls out. "Wait, Y/N!" I paused and looked over to him as he rubs his stubble once more. He stands up and makes his way over to me and gently hold his hands into mine. "I-I know we barely know eachother. I know you've been busy..but I was just wondering if you want to go to the movies tonight? Since today is your big day and all. " Feeling Jason's hands slightly trembling, this was honestly the 3rd time he's been asking me out on a date. Don't get me wrong, he is the most sweetest guy and very handsome. But I just can't, I made a promise to him and only him.