Eyes Deceived (Chapter 6)

Colors. What a strange topic to speak about. In all honesty, I don't know how long it's been since I've used that subject. I would see my life as a blank canvas. Not knowing what to do with it. I would grab the colors I chose and decided to create my own picture. A beautiful picture that what I want my world to be. My own personal world.. But those colors would fade away from time to time. Becoming Black and White. Sadly, that's the way I see it now. But at one time, my picture was full of vibrant colors. Full of happiness and hope, but things can't always be the same. Change is the one thing I have a hard time accepting. I really don't like change, I'd wish everything could stay the same. But,  what I noticed is that. The picture that I once drew was now cleaned out. Erased into another blank canvas, then I realized its time to create a new picture. These damaged hands.. They honestly hurt from all the obstacles I went through. It hurts to create another picture so simple.. Maybe it shouldn't be simple like it used to be. Maybe, I just need a little help.. Someone to guide me to the next part of life.

Hands trembling.. The pain hurts so much. Barely lifting up the paint brush, I hesitate. But, as if someone behind me had gently touched my hand. Lifting it up and guiding me over to the canvas. One stroke, then another. One smooth stroke becomes an endless number of strokes in life. Sometimes you have straight lines,  other times you have so many curved lines. From loops to edges. Life is full of surprises. In my case.. He was my surprise. His hand seems on guide me as if he already knew what was supposed to be there in my life. So many details were given.. Next were the colors. Dipping the brush into the paint, He leads me to color. Shade of blue, like the ocean and shade of brown, like the trees. My own vision was blurry, I couldnt tell a thing. As much as I wanted to, he's covering my view until the picture is finally done. After what seems like forever..

"Open your eyes. " He said. As I did what he told me, I see the reflection of his own eyes. Staring back at me. I noticed the picture painted seemed to me my next chapter of my life. I cant help but be mesmerized by his eyes. "Y/N." Everything went silent and still, hearing Dennis's voice as I turned to look at him. "You've been staring at that blank canvas for the past hour. Have you thought of anything yet?" He says,  bringing a plate of food and setting it on my nightstand. Turning back to the canvas, it was blank. Just white and the paintbrush hasnt been touched or used.. I sighed and leaned back on my chair. "Nope, just had a brain fart I guess. There's a lot of other things in my mind lately. " Dennis sighed and sat at the edge of my bed, rubbing his hand together. "Yeah,  I feel ya on that. How about we exchange words and go on from that, yeah?" I smiled and turned my attention back to my brother, turning my chair around. "Yeah."

Watching him rub the back of his neck, it was usually a sign that he was hiding something. He slightly avoided eye contact with me but he knew he had to tell me. "I've heard youve got in trouble. With the Warden I mean. " I sighed and leaned my head back. "Yeah, constant bitching. Apparently shes making me force out information.. Saying that the man called a lawyer. Henry Deaver. " Dennis watched me as he looked to the side. "Yeah..about that. " After listening to that, I looked back at Dennis and I knew. I just fucking knew. "Don't tell me. " I sat up and leaned forward to look at him. He sure as hell wasn't going to look at me, knowing how furious I was getting. "You. You were the one that called?!" I yelled at him. Dennis flinched from my voice and he said. "First of all, I was minding my own business. But you cant get mad. "

"Then what were you doing while you were 'minding your own business ' Den?!" Now I was pissed. I had to take the blame and not to mention be in the fire range when Warden was being in her moods. I shook my head and placed my hands on my head. "You better have a good damn reason why I shouldn't beat your ass right now. " Dennis looked at me and then to the floor as he leans forward,  his hands hanging over his knees. "He said it. That kid.. He said Henry Matthew Deaver. When I found him, I did my research and found out that he was a lawyer. In my mind, it seems like he was asking for help. From Henry. In all honesty, we all do need his help. The world needs to see what goes on in Shawshank Prison. They need to. " He frowned. Listening, I understood why he did it. I decided to calm down and just hearing his voice,  made me concened. "Yeah, you're right.  People need to see whats going on. Or else it'll stay on a loop, over and over. "

Looking up, Dennis still had his attention to the floor. I moved my hand over,  resting it on top of his. He slightly looked up and gave me a small smile. "So does this mean you're not mad anymore?" I pinched the skin on his hand. "Ow. " He says as I laughed a bit. "Dont push it bro. I can still change my mind. " Dennis laughed and nodded. "Right. Well you better eat and sleep. Tomorrow is another day. "

He says, grabbing my plate as I took it. He stood up and head out to the door. He stopped to look back and he said. "Can you do me a favor?" I blinked and looked over to him. "Hm?" He smiled and pat the door frame. "Take care of him, will you?" Raising my brow and I slowly nodded. Taking my fork and scooping up some mashed potatoes. "I will. " He then leaves my room. Silently eating alone in my room, I turned to look at the canvas. Putting my plate down. I lifted up the paintbrush and began drawing.. His eyes.