Eyes Deceived (Chapter 5)

I just want to say thank you all so much for the following my page! With all this support, it gives me confidence and boost to continue this fanfiction. If you'd like to be tagged for the next update, just dont be afraid to ask. Inbox me for a heads up! - Ren
-----
"Ah, Ms. Zalewski. Please come in. " Warden said as she noticed I was standing in the doorway. Holding the file close to my chest, I took a few steps inside, standing in front of her and her desk. Hearing scribbling from her end, she looked up and stopped. Placing the pen down and holding her hands together as she doesn't seemed happy at all. Annddd Im about to get it full blast. Wonder who pissed her off this time cause it sure as hell wasn't me. "Have you gotten anything new from the patient?" She asked. Now, lately Ive been lying to her about the progress of the man.. For Dennis's sake. But as it is, I'm literally on thin ice and Warden is already losing patience on me as it is. Biting the inner part of my cheek, I decided to come up with something. Bullshitting my way out on both ends.

"So far, he's barely communicating. But he wont tell me anything about him. He keeps saying Bible verses though and it seems like he still doesn't know anything.. " Hearing a harsh sigh coming off of her. I see her stand up and leaning forward. Not saying anything else, I just kept my eyes on hers as she spoke. "I see, well. It seems like we got ourselves a problem. A serious one at that. You see, we need to figure the situation out now. Apparently that kid called himself a lawyer, Henry Matthew Deaver is his name. Im sure you know about him don't you?" I nodded in agreement. Henry Matthew Deaver, the one who was lost for 11 days and his father found with a broken spine in the forest. With no leads or anything possibly of answers for what happened that day. Way before my time though. But what I dont understand is how can a person, with so little knowledge of using a phone and lack of communication can do that. Someone inside must've did it, but who?

"Ms. Zalewski." Warden's voice snapped me put of my thoughts as she spoke once more. "I need you to hurry up, many people will soon find out about this and it reflects on all of us in this prison. Whatever happens here on Shankshaw Prison. Stays in here. We are running out of time, so instead of figuring out Bible verses. I suggest you force him to talk or else you are fired. Do you understand? "

Listening to her words, I mentally sighed and clenched my teeth with annoyance but I had enough patience to respond. "Yes ma'am. " Warden scoffed as she waved her hand off towards me. "Off you go and dont come back until you finally crack him. " I looked and turned away towards the door and I felt anger rise inside of me. Closing the door behind me, I lowly growled to myself as I murmured. "Fucking bitch.. " As I made my way back to the medical room, I suddenly stopped. Tick. Tick. Tick.

..Where is that coming from? Tick. Tick. Tick. I turned to look around me, nothing. But it seemed to stop. I looked back to the direction I was heading at and it began to tick once more. "What the-" I turn to look and I see him. The man down the hall.. But the lights seemed to dim and darken on his end. "H-How did you get out?" I felt the same sunken feeling in my stomach and the only thing I could hear is my own heartbeat. The man just tilts his head as the lights flickered.. Then the lights turned back on and he was gone. In shock, my eyes widen seeing him gone until I suddenly felt pressure on my shoulder. I screamed and jumped as I turned around and saw-

"Y/N?!" The guard, Charlie touched my shoulder and was shocked seeing me jump. I breathed heavily as I looked at him and Charlie lets go of me, raising his hands away from me. "Hey, its just me. I didn't mean to scare you. " I felt a small line of sweat roll down my forehead as it went cold. I trembled slight but I was able to compose myself as I coughed. "Y-yeah. Its alright, I've been jumpy all week. Hardly got a good nights sleep after whats going on. " Charlie nodded slowly and gently patted my shoulder. "Understandable. You should get going then, I was just wondering if you were alright. " I gave him a small smile and turned away from him. "Thank you for checking up on me. " "No problem." He replied. I closed my eyes and exhaled, making my way back...

After 10 minutes, I reached to my door. Hesitating.. I pulled out the key and unlocked it. Slowly opening it, I walked inside and closed the door behind me. I sighed and breathed out to calm myself down as I looked around. Huh? He's not where I left him.. I walked over to my desk, removing my coat and then I heard something shift. Quickly turning my head, I see him sitting at the ocner near the glass window. Looking out. "Ah, there you are. I thought I lost you for a second. " I chuckled slighty. There was no way he could leave the room earlier, I must be hallucinating. It has been a while since Ive slept decent. "Y/N.." I looked over to him, hearing him say my name was strange. He rarely talks so I dont usually expect my name coming out of his mouth as much. But his voice seemed comforting as his gaze switched over to me slowly. His eyes.. They always seemed so interesting to me. I want to figure him out, the way he looked at me makes me believe that he wants me to figure out this jigsaw puzzle of his.. "..Can you tell me more.. About.. Colors?" He asked. His hands rest on his knees as he brought them closer to him. What a very strange guy.

"How about I'll tell you a story about them, would you like that?" I give him the most gentle smile I could ever give. He hummed softly and gave me a small nod as I made my way over to him, I sat down a few feet away on the floor. Crossing my legs, he waited for me to get comfortable. "Tell me.. What colors do you see in your eyes?" I asked him. He listened and slowly thought about his answer. "..Dark and Light.. Sometimes I see blood in it."

"Seems like a very dark world for you. So you see Black, White and Red. " The man kept his gaze on me as he repeated it. "Black. White. Red. " I hummed in agreement. "Wanna know what I see?" He nodded. "I see, a rainbow. I see my world, filled with so many colors. I see bright beautiful colors. Like that. " I pointed out the window, luckily you can see a rainbow in the sky in the light gray lighting. "Rainbow. " He says as I nodded. "Whenever I see my world Black and White.. I use those colors to make my world better. No matter what happens to me. I will always see a rainbow. Happiness. " The man and I looked back at each other as I noticed his fascination in his eyes lit up. He slowly thought about the idea. He then looked down and hugged himself closer.

"Can you..show me how to color mine..? Will you.. color my world?" He asked. I was a bit surprised when he asked me that. But I couldnt help but smile, that he is asking for help. "I wouldnt mind sharing my colors for your world." I hold out my hand, my pinky finger out. He looked at me with confusion as I told him. "Make your hand like this. " He began to do the same gesture, as my tiny pinky wrapped around his larger one. He slowly wrapped his around mine. "This is called a Pinky Promise. A promise that can never ever be broken. I will do anything in my power to help you. Okay?" The man watched as we both let go and I slowly stood up.

Another knock appeared on the door as it opened. Dennis walked in and said. "You know the drill. " I nodded and watched the man stood up slowly, making his way to Dennis. But before he could do anything, he made a very faint whisper to me, "Thank you. " he said. Just after, he bend down through the door frame and both men left my room. I smiled to myself as I slowly hugged myself and whispered to myself.

"You're welcome.. "