Travel Plans

(DAYU)

"I am not comfortable leaving the children, Captain." I said while standing in front of Captain Wang's office desk on the outer part of our room.

In this palatial home that Captain Wang built for me, the master's bedroom or quarter is by far the biggest. It has an outer office, the first room you will see when you entered the quarter. It has a large sized desk and chair made of red mahogany that serves as Captain Wang's office space. His documents are usually piled neatly on it's surface.

The room also has seatings. One long bench with cushions and two solo chairs with armrests. The low center table was placed in the middle with a ceramic blue vase on it. Sometimes I put flowers in it, other times I let it just as it is.

The room also has a wide window. I adore leaning on it and looking out at the spacious estate Captain Wang purchased to be our home and sanctuary.

A door at a corner leads to our formal bedroom. That door is always closed as Captain Wang likes to preserve our privacy even in our own home.

I have been living in this place for two months now. Two months of blissful existence with my lover and our children: twin six years old Wang Dao and Wang Hua.

"Hua and I are about to start another set of exercises for her lungs. We are making progress, Captain..."

"And I don't doubt that, my heart." Captain Wang sighed. "But I want us to travel to our vacation house in HuBei and the children will not come with us,"

"But why?" My hands fisted. "I don't want to be separated from Dao and Hua yet..."

"I am not separating you from them...it will be just for a week," Captain Wang explained patiently.

"A week," my eyes widened. "You want us to leave the children unprotected and the Capital for a week? Captain..."

"We will not leave them without supervision. Jiang and Mei are about to go down here from Heilongjiang. They can stay here to guard the twins..."

"I refuse to leave Hua," I insisted mulishly. "She needs me," our daughter is sickly. Yes, Hua's health is improving but she still needs constant supervision.

"Dayu ah," Captain Wang gave me a patient look. "I won't ever dismiss the care you have been giving our children since you got here, but we have other things to focus our minds to..."

"What could be more important than Hua and Dao? I cannot follow your logic, Captain. I will stay here," I made that clear while narrowing my eyes on him.

Captain Wang sighed, "We have to write and sign some documents that will give you rights to our estate and to our children. Dayu ah, at this point, you are being acknowledged as the tutor of the twins and the manager of this estate. That makes you an employee and me your employer. But we are more than that. We have to change some things and we can only do that by travelling to HuBei."

I closed my eyes. "But to leave Hua and Dao..."

Captain Wang rose from his seat and walked around his desk to get to my side. His arms folded around me and he made me lean my body to his.

"I know it hurts your heart to be separated from the children for a little while but HuBei is a bit of a travel and
Hua cannot manage it yet." My lover tilt my face upward so he can peer at my face. "Soon, I hope, Hua and Dao can travel with us. Even on just nearby towns. But for now, this journey is just for you and me. For us..."