Special Dinner

(MEI)

We have finally moved in Jiang Estate. The constructions were all finished with just more paintings and sweeping needed.

But the main house is habitable now and fully furnished. It only requires some polishing and decoration arrangement and everything looks like how I want it to be.

I never had a permanent home while growing up. Uncle Shu, Dayu and I moved around while my cousin and I were training to extract Dayu's revenge.

After Dayu's revenge, we settled in Heilongjiang. I also thought that our little residence there will be my forever home but Jiang's father got sick and my lover started trading. I developed a feeling that Heilongjiang won't be our home for long because it's not a market worthy place. As a businessman, I know Jiang will soon look for a place where his trading business will flourish.

I just didn't realize that the place he will settle on will be the Capital. Oh, right...my lover didn't made that decision. His father's last will took care of that.

But I am not moaning. Dayu is here, so are my cousin's children. It's always nice to be close to my cousin and his family.

Having Jiang Estate though is not bad. Living in Wang's guesthouse was comfortable but knowing that my lover and I will finally have a permanent place we can call our own is giving me a gratifying feeling of achieving something.

I like that feeling.

And I am slowly falling in love with our home.

"I intend to employ a full staff for our home," Jiang said while we are having our first breakfast in our new home. "Including an estate manager."

"Do what you want, I want to start opening my dojo and admit students. I want to go back to teaching children." I said before spooning some fragnant congee that is flavored with honey and expensive cinnamon spice to eat.

"You should post a notice at the market place to attract students. And have you thought of putting a sign for your little school?" Jiang asked.

I shook my head. "Not yet. But it's not a bad idea. I think having a name and a sign will be good for my dojo. I will also ask for Dayu's help in acquiring some materials. Buying some tapestries and mats will be a start."

"Getting some help in setting up is not bad," Jiang continued eating and reading some report from his assistants at their enterprise.

I stopped for a moment to stare at my lover. "Has you family broached the subject of heirs again?" I tried putting a casual note on my tone while asking that question.

Jiang's spoon stopped mid air before he sighed and put it down altogether. "My uncles raised that issue again last week when they learned that we are already moving in here. I managed to deflect their inquiries." My lover gave me a little smile. His handsome and aristocratic face has a reassuring look on it. "Don't worry, Mei...my grandmother and I had a deal. We Jiangs are all about deals because we are merchants and traders. We honor words given. It's all right."

I nodded. Showing my trust to Jiang. We smile at each other and continued eating.

..........................

(JIANG)

Everything is ready for my proposal to Mei tonight. My lover not having any idea that I prepared a special dinner for him. Mei went to his cousin to shop for some materials for his dojo.