Ways

(MEI)

Jiang is using simple and basic words to explain his father's last will to me. But for some reason, I can't seem to grasp the whole meaning of his words.

I am just pick one thought here and there.

"You mean you have to stay here in the Capital?" I asked Jiang.

My lover nodded. "To manage and oversee my inheritance which includes our business and properties."

"How long do you have to stay here...?"

Jiang blinked several times, "Just until things settle down...I guess?" He looked confuse as well.

I frowned at him. "Are you not sure or did you just lie to me?"

Jiang sighed. "Forever...I think?" He still sounded unsure.

"Forever." I sighed at that. "So if you have to stay here...where will I place myself?" I asked him. I have several ideas on where to place myself but I want to hear what Jiang is thinking.

"Beside me, of course. Here beside me is where you belong. You are mine and I am yours," Jiang is scowling at me now. Like I just asked him something too stupid to even contemplate.

I smiled at his vehemence. "If I have to stay here with you...where will we live?"

Jiang stopped to blink again. "In...our home?" He is back to being unsure.

I sighed. "You will put me in the same house with your family? Your grandmother? I don't think that's a good idea." I winced at my lover.

Jiang nodded in sympathy to what I am thinking. "Yes. You will be miserable if you will stay in one place with my family. I don't want you to be miserable, my love." My lover pulled me in his arms and press his lips on mine in a hard but sweet kiss.

"I won't be that miserable," I said when the kiss ended. "I just don't think your family likes me..."

"Understatement of the decade," Jiang sighed. He kept me by his side. I lean my head against his shoulder. "But I am trapped here in the Capital unless I will throw my whole family to the wolves and let the Imperial Family forfeit our fortune. I mean, letting my grandmother be a beggar is bad enough in her old age but to let the government erase our name in the Imperial registry is just...ugly." Jiang sounded disturbed with that thought.

I nodded my understanding. "You will be nameless, like me. And that will be bad." I said.

"Love," Jiang touched my chin and jaw tenderly. "You are not nameless or a nobody. Maybe you don't know where you came from or who your biological family are but you made something of yourself. You are a good person. A wonderful teacher to your students," I smiled when I remember my students in Heilongjiang. I teach movement art, like the simple techniques Uncle Shu taught to us.

Jiang continued, "You are a loyal cousin to Dayu and a doting uncle to their children. You are my lover. A generous lover that I adore above anyone elses."

"Jiang," I leaned up to kiss his lips. We moaned together and let our taste collided. I whimpered in glee as Jiang pulled me closer and help me move to straddle his lap. I sat on my lover's lap and ground my growing arousal against his body.

We were both panting when the kiss ended and I pressed my forehead against Jiang's. "I love you," I whispered shyly. Dayu and I are not verse in expressing our feelings for our lovers. It makes Jiang a little frantic because he sometimes had to guess my feelings.

But I do love Jiang. I love him. And I also cannot imagine life without him.

Jiang's smile can lit up the whole room in it's brightness. "I love you too, my love." He gave me several chaste kisses on my cheeks and nose and lips. His warm hands shaping my back and hips. "I will think of a way to compromise with my family about you. I will not permit them to pull us apart."