Chapter 21: Explain

WARNING: There will be sensitive topics discussed in this chapter. If you are not comfortable, then please do not read this chapter.

   "Well I don't even know if it's Jungkook's fault that he's like this." Jimin started to say. "What do you mean, it's not his fault?" I asked him. "It's Lisa's fault." He said. "Lisa? Like, my friend Lisa? That Lisa?! Why is it her fault?" I asked him confused and aggravated. 

   How could Lisa be the cause of this? She doesn't even know him.

   "Yes, your friend. We all recognized her, but we all decided to keep our mouths shut because we didn't want to cause any trouble. I don't even think Jungkook knows she's your friend, considering the last time he would've saw her, was when he was drunk. He probably wasn't even paying attention. But thank the lord, that Jin wasn't there. He would've gone crazy he ever saw her again. Ever since she broke up with him, Jungkook hasn't been the same. That's why Jin blames Lisa for everything that's happened." Jimin said. The only thing that was going through my head was confusion. "I'm still confused. What exactly did Lisa do? What do you mean by, Jungkook's changed?" I asked him.

   "Well about five years ago, Jungkook asked Lisa on a date and she accepted. Soon after, they became boyfriend and girlfriend. It was senior year of high school, when they were officially dating for three years, then Jungkook decided to take it step further. Right after their graduation, he proposed, but she denied his offer and left him with out a word. A couple of days later, he discovered that she was about to break up with him anyways and only dated him because she thought the sex would be good. But Jungkook never wanted that, he only cared about her feelings, not her body. I mean hell, he's still a fucking virgin to this day." Jimin chuckled a little bit. "But that still doesn't explain why he's changed." I told him.

   "Oh, right. Well, Jungkook hasn't been his usual, happy and care-free self, ever since she denied his proposal. He cared so much about her, he really though she was the one. So when she said 'no', he changed. He even became... depressed." Jimin said, as his face started to become saddened. "What do you mean by depressed?" I asked him.

   "I mean he became, really depressed.He would never leave his apartment. He even quit his job because he couldn't ever get out of bed. He wouldn't drink or eat anything, unless if one of the boys, or myself, brought him something. But even then, we had to force him to eat. He just hated life, all because of one girl. One day, I went to go bring him food when I was on my lunch break from work. When I walked in, I couldn't find him." His voice started to crack and his eyes started to water, as the river of tears started to flood his eyes, blurring his vision. I just sat there, in silence. 

   I expected him to stop, but he continued. "And when I did find him, he was sitting on his window. His legs were out the building, his arms were ready to push his body out. He was about to fall down a six story building, for God's sake! And I was about to watch it all happen! Me, his best friend, could only stand there in his doorway... frozen. And when I finally did come back to my senses, he was half way out the window. The only thing that kept him from falling out, was my hand. When I pulled him back in, all I did was hold him. I canceled work for the whole week, and just held him in my arms." He stopped and looked back up at me. His eyes were red and puffy. I saw on his cheeks, a couple trails of tears the droplets had left behind, when they fell from his face.

   "But that's not the end of the story." He continued. "After that incident, Jungkook moved in with Taehyung and we hired a therapist for him. Everyday on my lunch break, I would stop by Taehyung's house and check on Jungkook. We all thought he was doing great. He had seen the therapist for about a week and we were already seeing progress. He smiled more, not all the time, but more than before. But like I said, we all thought he was doing great. One day when I went to go check up on him, it was like everything had repeated itself. I couldn't find him, when I did, he wasn't sitting on a window, but he was under cold water in a bathtub. I hurried and pulled him out of the water and laid him and the floor. I couldn't feel him breathing, so I called 911. When they came, they rushed him into the ambulance truck, then sped to the hospital. I got in my car and hurried behind them." he said. "What happened next?" I asked him. I was worried about what happened to Jungkook and still wanted to know the full story.

   "I called the rest of the boys to come to the hospital. When they did come, we all waited in the room for him to wake up. As we were waiting, I told them what happened. We all just ended up staring at Jungkook. He was laying on a bed with his eyes closed and had two or three needles stuck in his arm, while the sound of the heart monitor filled the silence in the room. When he finally did wake up, he apologized and explained everything that was happening with him. He was then diagnosed with severe depression. After he had gotten out of the hospital, we made sure he kept going to therapy and took his medicine. He soon found out that exercising helped him cope, so now he's fucking ripped. But I think it's okay now, you don't need to worry. It happened a little over a year and a half ago. He doesn't even need to go to therapy anymore, although we do need to check up on him from time to time, to make sure he's taking his anti-depressants. We just make sure that we're all as happy as possible, so he can be happy. Even though we can fight sometimes, we still try our best to be in our happiest mood. But other than that, I think he's fine." Jimin finally stopped. Even though I asked him to tell me the story, I still had no idea to react. I'm just glad to know that he trusts me enough to tell me this. I even hugged him. He didn't need to tell me this, but he did, and I'm thankful for that. 

   I know Jimin may not think this, but he is very brave. He almost saw his best friend take their own life, twice. I have no idea, exactly how that feels, but I'm pretty sure it feels worse than anything else that could happen.

   Just as we separated our hug, the door opened. We snapped our heads towards the door to see who it was. "Y/N, Jungkook wants to see you." We both saw Namjoon poke his head into the dorm as he talked. "Okay, I'll be there in a second." I replied back to him. "Alright." He said, then closed the door and left Jimin and I there by ourselves.

   "Well, I guess I better go. Thank you so much for telling me what happened. I appreciate it very much." I said to Jimin. "No problem. Thank you for listening." He said to me. I got off the sofa and started to walk towards the door. "Hey, Y/N" Jimin called out. I turned myself back around to face him. "Yes?" I questioned, wondering what he's about to say. "I know you just met Jungkook not too long ago, but take care of him. He needs you." He said, with a sincere smile.

   "I promise I will, Jimin."

---

Hey guys! Sorry for all the depressing stuff! But think of the bright side, I'll be telling you my surprise in the next chapter!

It was also super difficult to write this. I was trying to stream 'Epiphany' while writing, and if you've ever streamed a music video, you know how hard it can get.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading.

❤❤❤

Bye! Love youuu!