Chapter One

Dedication is to her because she supports me and helps me a lot. Thanks hun!

Chapter 1

Beep, beep, beep

I rolled over and slapped off my alarm clock. It was the first day of twelth grade today. I got up and did one of those stretches where your back cracks, and you let out those attractive noises. I walked over to my phone that was charging on my dresser and checked it for messages and calls.

Mandi: Hey girly! Did you see the new eye candy!?

Mandi was my best friend since birth. We never fought and we were always together.

I replied, ”Um…no?”, then got my clothes and got dressed. I was wearing a Hollister top that was blue with black shorts and cute sandals. My phone beeped.

Mandi: His name is Avery. Cutest boy alive and he just happens to be here! Ugh Im going to diee! Think he will notice me?

            I didn’t have time to reply so I left my phone and brushed my teeth. I went over my hair with a straightener although my blonde hair was already naturally straight. I generously applied black eyeliner and mascara. I grabbed my backpack full of new school supplies and walked downstairs. I grabbed a granola bar and ate it as fast as possible.

            “Bye mum! Bye dad!” I yelled to the house. I heard no reply so I figured they had already left. I grabbed my house key and some money that my dad left for me. I ran outside to the bus stop and waited. After a few minutes, the bus had arrived and I hopped on. I searched for Mandi and when I saw her I sat with her.

“So…Where is this ‘Eye Candy’?” I asked as I sat down.

“Shhh! He is right over there!” She whispered in reply. She was really giddy over this guy.

“Oops! Haha.” I looked over to where Mandi was pointing. Oh my goodness! This boy Avery was gorgeous.

“Oh..My..” I trailed off.

“Yes! Only turn off is that he is so quiet. I tried talking to him and was totally shut down!”

“Yeah well it is his first day. Maybe he is just nervous.”

“I don’t know. He is sort of weird. I said Hi and he didn’t even look!”

“Yeah well like I said, maybe he is nervous. Maybe he didn’t hear you! Or maybe he thought you weren’t talking to him!”

“Yeah…” Mandi replied. We were at the school already so we stood up waiting in the small line to get off the bus. I walked off the bus with Mandi and we walked into our small highschool. Everything is small in my town. Everything except the church, which is actually pretty big.  

            I separated from Mandi and walked to my locker. Of course, Avery got the empty locker right next to me. I decided not to talk to him. I am sure there were a bunch of other girls he wanted to talk to other than me. I obviously was not the pretty girl at my highschool and I mean why would he want to talk to me when he could get any girl here!? I was a plain Jane. Blonde hair, slightly tanned skin, average body size, average clothes, average name, average grades. I was so plain.

             I didn’t really need a boyfriend anyways. If I was Avery I would have talked to Mandi. She was definetly not a plain Jane. She had jet black hair with fringe bangs, she had a perminant sun-kissed tan, she wore clothes that would only look good on her, and she was practically perfect. Although she could get crazy sometimes but that’s why I loved her.

            I grabbed my books and went to turn to walk to class when I felt him touch my shoulder.

            “Hey. Um I was wondering where room 212 is?” He asked.

            “Yeah. Go upstairs, take a right and it should be on your left.” I said smiling. I was happy he didn’t ask for anything else. I figured that if I didn’t want drama, I should leave this boy alone.

            “Thanks. I’m Avery.”

            “Hi I’m Charlotte. Listen, I gotta get to class.” I said walking away. I’ve never purposefully ignored someone before.

            I walked to my first class, Social studies, and took a seat. As I sat, the bell went off. I was just in time for class.

            “Hello class. Welcome back. I don’t see any new student’s in this class—“ Said my teacher Mrs. Grafton as she was cut off.

            “Not in this class but there is a new boy named Avery!” Yelled the school slut, Summer. Of course she already knew about him. She probably already knew everything about him and had a plan to get him to hook-up with her.

            “Okay Summer when I have him I will make sure to mention his arrival. But as I was saying, welcome back. You all have your supplies…” She droned on and on with her welcome speech. I could already tell all the classes were going to be like this.

            I was right about all the other classes. Every class has the buzz of gossip about Avery and the “welcome back” speeches that went on forever from the teachers. By lunch time, I knew every possible girl who wanted Avery. I grabbed my lunch and found Mandi so I could sit with her.

            “Hey hun. You heard all that stuff ‘bout Avery?” Mandi asked me. She always called me a pet name.

            “Of course. The rumors are crazy. You hear that Summer is supposedly going to sit next to him at lunch and try to make out with him?” I replied.

            “Yeah. Turns out that rumor is true though…” She said pointing to Summer, who just happened to be moving closer and closer to Avery at the lunch table. He was sitting alone but Summer seemed to make her way over to his table. He seemed really uncomfortable but I guess he knew how to handle girls like her. He seemed like he was ignoring her.

            “He isn’t even replying to her!” I said laughing.

            “Hahaha! He isn’t!” Mandi replied.

            “Sucks for Summer…” I said mockingly. She deserved it.

            After a few minutes of Summer ranting on about her life she gave up. She was all huffy and mad. She looked embarrassed too although she deserved everything she got. Avery had a smirk on his face that showed he was relieved she was finally gone. He grabbed his lunch, hardly touched, and threw it away. He walked out of the cafeteria and as he walked his eyes looked right at me as he smiled. Was I going crazy?

            “Did he just look at me?” I asked Mandi.

            “I think so!” She squealed.

            “Yeah well I am not interested in him so…” I replied.

            “WHAT!” She exclaimed causing the room to go quiet and people to stare.

            “SHHHH! Hahaha I don’t want to cause issues with drama so I am just going to leave him alone.”

            “You’re crazy.” She replied.

            “More like smart.”

            “Whatever.” She replied and we walked out of the cafeteria together to go to our next class.

            The rest of the day was pretty much the same. Only difference was that Summer had a pout on her face and was actually quiet. How could one boy make everything so crazy?

 -------------------------------------------------------

First chapter...

feedback?