Ch.11

"Sir, you need to see this."

"Wha-call off the search unit."

"Told ya. Pay up."

"Can you please shut up!" I moaned. I opened my eyes and glared at the people standing above me. Stark, Barton, and Fury. Tony lent me a hand so I could stand up and climb out of my hiding spot. I yawned, and so did Clint. I smiled.

"I'm leaving. I want someone to come with me. I need a break." I answered Nick's questions out loud. He rolled his eyes. I gave his foot the feeling of a twelve pound bowling ball being dropped on it. He hissed a strained breath out of his mouth. I stifled a laugh. I told Tony what I was planning in his head.

"Yeah, ok. I'll show you around. And I guess I can let you stay at my place for the week." He joked. I gave him a thumbs up. As soon as he left for his room, I raced back to mine. I began to change into a really cute outfit. Totally teenage-y. I ran back to the plaza and anxiously waited for Tony. In the meantime, Nick came over and sat next to me.

"You are a really big pain, you know that right?" He stated.

"Yes, I try hard to be the biggest, and the most annoying pain there is." I beamed.

"You have one week, that's it. If you're not back, we come searching for you, so you better come straight here after your little vacation." He growled.

"Ok Mr. Grumpy. Geez." I stood up and began to walk in a big circle as I waited. After about a half-an-hour of pacing, he strutted into view, decked out in his little suit. He slid the mask off and smiled. He slipped it back on and led the way to fly out. I quickly followed him and I again ran down the cargo hold. This time, I skidded to a stop at the very end. Too bad I hadn't started slowing down earlier. My momentum carried me over the edge, and I began to fall.

So much for remembering everything. This shirt didn't have slits for my wings, and unless I wanted my shirt to completely rip apart, I'd be free falling. Tony saw me plummeting, and grabbed my waist and flew me all the way to New York. We didn't talk on the way there, but the silence was ended when his tower came into view. I shifted, he called it.

"What?" He said. I shrugged my shoulders and he slowly landed on the terrace. Just the way he left it. I took a step back, my body started to tremble. My breathing was becoming labored. Tony had his suit quickly disabled, and walked back over towards me. My eyes began to sting, I fell to the ground. He knelt down, patted my back, and helped me up.

"I wanna see New York, now. The memories are too much for me." I warily spoke. Tony grinned.

"Then lets go pick our ride." He ran me through his main floor quickly, and we stepped into an elevator. Down to the garage. The smell of motor oil was, how do you say; overpowering. I gaped as my eyes landed on car after car. Each one looked more expensive than the last.

"That one." I pointed to a red convertible. I read Starks mind, this one was Bruce's favorite car too. Bruce. The pain came back, the room began to spin. Tony quickly helped me to the car. I tilted sideways as I jumped into the car, hitting my head on the dashboard. I groaned.

Tony fired up the car, and the garage door opened up. I clumsily pulled my seatbelt around me and let the cool wind envelope me. I smiled as my hair whipped behind me, swirling like leaves in a twister.

"So, where are we going?" I questioned. He didn't respond. "Tony!" I yelled. He turned his head towards me. His eyes looked dangerous.

"Are you ok? Sky, are you?" Tony seethed. He wrapped his hands around my neck. I began to gasp for air. I tried yelling, but nothing would come out. He said something else, but I didn't hear him. I blacked out.

I slowly opened my eyes, I was staring at the ceiling. The red car was on my right, and Stark was on my left. He kept repeating something.

"Are you ok? Sky, come on. Sit up." He lent me a hand. My breathing was quick, I was shaking too. He picked me up, and hefted me into his car. I was a wreck. He tried to calm me down, and after about ten, stressful minutes I was able to relax. I let out a shaky breath.

"You better now?" He slowly asked.

"Better." I agreed. I slowly pulled the seatbelt over myself, and got ready to unwind. Tony revved the engine, and we sped out of the garage. The car burst onto the lit streets. The city air washed over me as it rustled through my hair. I smiled, and lifted my hands into the air, no longer feeling weary. He looked over at me and smiled. I put my hands down as he pulled the car to a stop.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Since you stole my schwarma, I'm going to have to get some more. Oh, and I guess that I can get some for you too." He joked.

Three guys walked past the car. They waved flirtatiously at me, and one whistled. My annoyance level went from zero to sixty in about two seconds. The whistler casually strutted towards the car.

"And you are?" He smirked.

"What's it to ya?" I snapped. His confidence seemed to waver for a second. I decided to have a little fun. It's a vacation after all, so why not. "You wouldn't want your girlfriend to know that you were flirting with someone else, would you? Her name, oh what was it? Amy! Yeah Amy wouldn't like that would she?" I asked In a serious tone. He looked like he had seen a ghost. Step by step, he backed away from the car. As soon as he was about twenty feet from the car, he and his buddies bolted.

"Nice one!" Tony exclaimed. He and I did a fist bump. I hopped out of the car and we began to make our way inside. A bell rang as we entered the diner. A blonde waitress waved us over to a table by the window. I smiled and thanked her after she took our order. My ears began to ring, but that subsided. I then felt a headache coming on. But I pushed my worries to the side. Tony and I made small talk, mostly about what we liked to eat, or our favorite colors. Non-sensitive subjects.

"Here's your schwarma. Enjoy." The waitress smiled. I picked up my fork, and stabbed the food. As the first bite hit my lips, the whole world dimmed. I felt my body fall from my seat. The fork slid out of reach. I blacked out, again. I seem to have these problems quite often don't I?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me what you think! Thanks for reading :)